View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2008, 05:02 AM   #6
olepi

Re: simple spawner question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidusar
I would do this by making a cyclic timer that goes off every second and activates the NPC every time it goes off. That way the NPC respawns right after the corpse disappears. If you need it to respawn right after death, add an "<NPC> deactives" event to it's death as Unkala said.

Then, make the object interaction deactivate the timer, so that it stops triggering the NPC spawn. (And ofcourse, uncheck the NPC's "autorespawn" so that it doesn't spawn on it's own.)

I did it this way at first, but there seems to be a bug. The NPC does stop spawning when the cyclic timer is deactivated. However, it then respawns later, in a different place, and on a much longer timer.

So I'm gonna try some of the other ideas here, thanks!

edit: ok, this method works fine.

I set up a route to take, so the mob is going to attack some other NPC's I have standing around. The first invocation works fine, the mob spawns, and runs the route into the NPC's and gets killed. Then the mob respawns, and then runs the route into the NPC's, but HAS NO AGGRO. I can kill him with no aggro either.

So I tried adding some "can attack NPC's" and "can attack player" but then the mob WON'T RUN THE ROUTE.

This seems very buggy to me (been a programmer for 30 years). I just want a mob to spawn, run the route, attack NPC's and get killed, then spawn, run the route, .......

Last edited by olepi : October 11th, 2008 at 05:49 AM.
olepi is offline   Reply With Quote