View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2008, 06:22 PM   #7
iceaxe68

Re: Trick or Treat (Halloween Ring Scenario)

The thing about this scenario is that it can be completed by absolutely anyone, since you can just die and just go back to keep trying until you get enough treats - sometimes there are no attacks, you just get a treat. As a combat scenario, it is definitely high level content.

I visited with Olepi and had a blast. I never quite died, though I did have to rez Olepi a couple of times. I believe I could solo it, as we used no heals except after combat. (Olepi forgot his amps and I was busy whacking the mobs.)

If you want to solo it, I would recommend having a high level melee skill (master or near) and go "loaded for bear" with boosted HA and HP jewels and a really nice weapon with high DPS. I have doubts about soloing as a nuker, just because of the relative lack of extra HP from armor and the drain on your stats without a healer. You won't get a chance to nuke from long range. (Feel free to prove me wrong about that )

Some of the spawns went down easily, but some did not.

You might still die a time or two (I came awfully close) but that keeps it interesting.

If you can't manage those things, definitely get a team together. A decent hunting team with moderate skill levels could manage most or all of the spawns. And as I said, even if every spawn one-shots you, you can just keep going back. It's really fun, with a creepy environment and the drama of not knowing what (if anything) will come after you when you visit each tent.

(For the record, I'm currently lvl 226 2h axe, and used very good HA made by Riveit, boosted jewelry by Jayce, and a high damage/high speed Sup Tekorn-Jen 2h Axe by Sammo. [Thanks for the toys, guys, and you can pay me my advertising fee later ])