View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:11 AM   #7
kalindra

Re: Ryzom post on Massive. com

I have to agree with Acridiel, here. Maybe the system is newbie unfriendly, but who said it was aimed towards newbies ?

Anybody can craft "good" stuff , but only a few can craft the very best items. It rewards the most dedicated crafters, the true masters. I don't even consider myself a good crafter, but I surely do appreciate the mystery of our very rich and complex crafting system. Especially after seeing some of the dumb recipe-book based systems out there, where everybody and their mother can craft the same very identical stuff as you do with the same recipe that is available to everyone. (It really made me want to shoot myself.) The hidden secret recipes that can only be gained from experimenting or teachings of another homin... makes this system unique and awesome.

I'm never playing that kind of game again. And, really, if you put all the LA branches into one, you might run out of crafting SP with the current cost of plans, especially IF they introduce new designs... if you want to make crafting faster, change the XP modifiers, not the system.

The Exodus Syndicate

"Experience Perfection : Unharness Your Power"

"Ignore the flames or grill your marshmallows on them. Then feed them to the trolls so they keep their mouth shut."
kalindra is offline   Reply With Quote