View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2009, 08:47 PM   #6
vonzuben

Re: Let's talk about the ring!

I get the impression that they have no idea that they have done things that have affected the ring.

Another bug that I reported is that they have somehow impacted “getting stuck on Terrain”. My Christmas scenario ran for a month, almost 24x7, and nothing (i.e. the mobs) were getting stuck on terrain. I then tried it out recently and since the patches, this scenario untouched has mobs getting stuck all over the place. I suspect I could fix it but they need to realize that when they change crap, THEY NEED TO TEST THE RING TOO or otherwise shut it down and stop scaring people away from ever wanting to try it.

Another thing… Did you know, heck do the DEVS even know, that each time they do the weekly maintenance server restart, you can instead of logging out, simply go into a ring scenario, happily play, then when the worlds come back up, exit and continue playing (works fine assuming you manage to avoid the “stuck in the ring bug”). My point here is that they ignore the ring for server restarts. For all we know, the new bugs come from simply leaving the darn ring server up forever, or not keeping something in sync when patching or doing server restarts.
vonzuben is offline   Reply With Quote