View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #24
acridiel

Re: Share your ideas for Ryzom

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbdragon
Kervala, as I have little interaction with anyone from the other servers I don't know their opinions. How do they like the afflictions as they are now?

Strangely enough, most players on Leanon do seem to be rather contend with the changes.
A very few openly complained and only a very few probably voted on it, because only just a few even knew about this vote.
Not everyone does speak English and of these even less bother to check Arispotle Forums regularly.

My bringing up the vote against the new target gauge, was shouted down and ridiculed.
Although many complain about it, but donīt bother with the forums.
German Boards are extremely in decline as more and more new and old players donīt see any sense in using them or even bothering to use them.
I donīt know why this is so, but it seems to be a "German thing", that reading and posting on boards is regarded as:

a.)either extremely fanboy-ish
or
b.)extremely troll-ish and rude

both are uncool and there does not seem to be a middle ground for many new players in this. So Forums are to be avoided.
In addition most new (mostly young) players I asked, regarded Forum reading as a bother and not worth their time.
"Why read a Forum, if I can play and just ask my way around?" was one direct answer I got. And "... if I can learn from everyone else whatīs going on?"
The logic in this is, you will know whats going on, even if its late, but you wonīt have to stop playing for it and you can still raise a ruckus in Universe if what you "hear" does not please you. Regardless of the value of the rumored information, that only a few bother to check.
*sigh*

Well, so no wonder most of us did not vote, I did, for what its worth.

And I deeply regret so few Germans willing to read these boards at all.
My guess atm is that only about 10% of the actual amount of players, which arenīt that many anyway, do participate actively in the German boards.
Gawd, Iīm a fossil of almost forgotten times it seems.

CU
Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote