View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #5
acridiel

Re: Rites: this is the right direction, imho.

I agree about the Rites being a nice and good idea, but at least the "Kincher Rite" is imho too buggy and extremely poorly implemented.

As you said yourself, the timers in the Kincher rite aren´t explained correctly and almost everyone "misunderstood" them at first, me included.
Why can´t this be properly explained in the rites text?

Dying while on the Kincher Rite messes with the sequence of steps and forces you to either abandon the mission, or simply resets it by itself, to start all over again.
Which is extremely frustrating.

For example, if you´re being attacked by some of the numerous aggros around the Tryker NPC and killed, while on the way to "Gerders watch",
the rite resets and you´re forced to re-trace your steps to the NPC and talk to her again.
(Happend to me)

If you´re interrupted while talking to her and flee into the water, or die, you´re even forced to restart the whole rite from the Nest Ranger NPC.
(Happend to me)

If Gerder is killed by someone, for the rite or not, or gets stuck somewhere in the landscape (happend before) you´ll wait until your hair goes gray for him.
(Happend to me, waited about an hour before I went looking for him, did not find him and gave up.)

If you´re killed by Gerder, while trying to bring him down, you can start at the Tryker NPC again. (Happend to others)

There are several more issues with the rite others have reported that I can´t remember now.
You all know that I´m truly averse to criticizing those that do their best for us at WG HQ, but this Rite puts their work to shame.

Please Devs, fix it!

CU
Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote