View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #4
jezabel

Re: Merge the servers?

You cannot play an official roleplay event in 3 different languages at the same time. So, with a merge WG will have to choose an official language for roleplay event.

If it's french (the biggest community), all english and german roleplay players will quit.
If it's german, all english and french roleplay players will quit.
If it's english, not all but a vast majority of german and french roleplay players will quit.

The french server has a really strong roleplay community (much more rp players than non RP players on Aniro). A merging with official events in english (the logical choice) would be a disaster for the RP community.

I am french. I read english very well but I have some difficulties to write it speedily and flawlessly. Roleplay in french is not an option for me because I lack english vocabulary to do a good rp. French player able to do a good RP in english are very few.

Ryzom is not only a sandbox game, but a roleplay sandbox game (at least on the Aniro server).

Imagine that you encounter a player that tells you "Hola face de craie, tu crois vraiment que je vais te laisser déblatérer tes fadaises sans réagir ? Vient te battre, tu vas comprendre ta douleur !"
Would you play on a server where the official language is french ?
jezabel is offline   Reply With Quote