View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #8
cybergh0st

Re: Merge the servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridiel
Well, what the above said.
No merging please.
At last in my mind it would hurt more than help.
Even if from Leanon only a minor few would seriously consider RP-issues, there would be several problems in Outpost-ownership issues.
Just think of the chaos that would follow a merger, when everybody and his brother demands to keep hold of "their Outpost".
And if they´d were to be fought over again, several players would quit in a giant nerd-rage for it being unfair and such...
People like to keep what they get, else I can´t explain the verbal wars going on in our IG-boards about Outpost and attack times and fair/unfair tactics and such.

I shudder at the thought of seeing this on an international level.

No, thanks I don´t need this.
Ryzom doesn´t need this.

Why you don´t see a problem there?
Because you´re probably not one of those who'd have to organize those events and who´d have to coordinate all those different story-lines and different populations demands on them and such.
Are you one of the volunteers that serve as Event-Teams?
No?
Well, then you know the problems now

And besides, it just wouldn´t make any sense to have three different "time-lines" or "story-lines" on one server. There´s only one world.
But I get the feeling that RP consistency wasn't even on your list of things to consider, right?

CU
Acridiel

Uhm, but there are different events right now on each of the 3 servers no?

And no, there is not only 1 world, there are 3 worlds ... a French, a German and an English one
cybergh0st is offline   Reply With Quote