Thread: Cats and dyes
View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #3
411thraven

Re: Cats and dyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnus
It is possible to level without cats, you do know that? Even if there were taken out of the game after a short period of time people would be asking for xp boosts, its an endless one, a lot of people just want to max skills as fast as possible. A bad idea all round imo.

The dye idea has been floated on and off for years. It is a great idea but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

How many level say from 240 to 250 without cats these days?

I know it's possible to level without cats, done it myself in the distant past. But if you can use cats (like you can atm) then the majority of people will because it's the sensible thing to do. Cats are ingame which means they are a valid way to level a character. Not using cats serves no real purpose unless it's just a personal quest you are on.

How I see it is, cats were introduced to speed up leveling and reduce the grind because they realised that the process was too long. And seems that it was an action taken as they did not wish to admit that part of patch 1 had been an error in judgement (just my perception on why).

Cats have been a source of a lot of bickering in the past between those that had plenty and those that did not.

Snake (or is it Snakez?), can you honestly tell me you have never used cats in the development of your character/characters?

Edit: Patch 1 refers to a major patch that also removed all your learnt skills and replaced your skill points for reuse, sometime around Dec 2004 iirc.

Last edited by 411thraven : March 9th, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
411thraven is offline   Reply With Quote