View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #3
ffxjosh

Re: Black Market Mat Merchants….

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared96
Like the concept, not the numbers....too small to raise my interest.

What numbers are too small? the seller would be holding 18k+ Mats seems like a reasonable amount. But obviously the chart was just ballparking becuase the idea would be that the first people to find him would save the most/get the cheapest mats and the people who find them last would have to decide if they'd want to pay that amount, only 500mil+ homins would pay (which is the point of this, to sink dapper )

I'm against giving them out as specific sets it'd feel like too much hand holding/remove player interaction with each other. I'm doing a fair bit of solo stuff, but even I would'nt want that. And the thing with ryzom is that nothing comes easy

Also getting Q150 + Q200 into the mix doesn't make sense when we're talking about basic mats and trying to act as a dapper sink (for the more/most wealthy)

Quote:

4. Make finding him a mission. That is you find some unsavory character in each capital city (bartender for example) .... you pay him off to find out where he is. This does two things:

a) The mission, at least actually finding him, can be limited to once per season so no one individual can abuse the system. Can also have a time to find him, but if ya don't w/i allotted time frame, you can retake say 4 hours later.

I like this idea a lot, but it wouldn't be ideal to have the seller in the same couple of spots every season. So if the quest/barman was just to say what continent he was in, then sure give it a timer. The idea with lower mats & negative fame would limit the size of groups as people would want to get the best price and not lose too much fame.

The First Homin to win the Shield of Presteige

Created theRyzom mooning and the Naughty Spriteh Videos

ffxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote