View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #6
gcaldani

Re: Black Market Mat Merchants….

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxjosh
With respect, what has value are mats, yet you dont see people spamming you for mats. And mats will still be the item of choice under the system proposed.

Do you know how difficult it is to get 100mil dapper in the typical sense of gold farming? You'd have to grind 10,000's of mats. Mats would be the only way to get dappers, as missions provide like 3,000 dapper at best for 25/30 mins worth of work. Super nodes and bosses would be too hard/too long /too few to provide a constant stream of dapper. So, what you'd see are 'goldfarmers' digging mats. Which doesn't happen and AFAIK has never happened on Atys in a proper scale, because it's too much work

So, even if goldfarmers found a way to sell you dapper, is getting a load of dapper to buy mats desireable? Unlikely, seeing as you can lose up to 60 fame if you were to somehow get a hold of 159million dapper. 18,600 mats, the total amount for this, lets say, $20 price wouldn’t be worth the 60 fame loss? Even if it was you’d have to craft the mats and 18600 isn’t a craft changing experience amount. Maybe a few levels in craft the high end craft. The money you’d make back on the items sold wouldn’t even be close to half. You’d be better off buying mats $10 for 10k. at least that way you’d not get the fame loss and be able to the specific mats you wanted.

This is a point I'd already thought about.

The idea is a dapper sink, not to sustain the economy, it’s means that the people who have millions of millions of dappers now have something productive to spend it on, other than a haircut/tattoo.

I don't think the numbers are correct.

At least they don't work for people already master diggers (or enough high).

500.000 dappers for 200 mats? I dig (well, every master digger, really) around 250 mats with 3 prospect, soloing.

Grinding 10k mats is the contrary of what you said: it's relatively fast and easy. It never happened because ryzom was never a huge populated game, so goldfarmers always ignored it.

You don't need supernodes to dig for dappers, just a safe place with choice mats in a level 250 region on surface, and there are tons, if you don't mind the crafting needs.

The idea of a black market is nice, but i think the numbers should be tuned a bit.

What i like very much is the link between the vendor and your fame. Thuis is something that could be discussed more in depth.
gcaldani is offline   Reply With Quote