Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 15th, 2006, 05:16 PM   #11
rothimar

Re: Can someone provide a NWN comparison to the RR Toolset?

If R2 gets too complicated... it will limit the amount of interest people will have in creating content.

I personally don't have the time to learn another scripting language, but I would love to create some scenarios. I would rather see an easy to use, point and click system like what we have fine tuned and fleshed out a bit.

But that's just me.
rothimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #12
zanthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothimar
If R2 gets too complicated... it will limit the amount of interest people will have in creating content.

I personally don't have the time to learn another scripting language, but I would love to create some scenarios. I would rather see an easy to use, point and click system like what we have fine tuned and fleshed out a bit.

But that's just me.
QFE! I personally only have time to play like 3 to 4 hrs on week nights and a litle longer on the weekends, and well learning a new scripting language does not in the least sound appealing when I'm looking to have fun playing the game by building a scenerio! Just my 2 cents But if they could simplify the processes that you spoke of like adding water and ground elevation by making them click and drag or the like I would greatly applaud that as well! Most of all they need to keep the Ring simple to use so all that wish to use can do so enjoyably
zanthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #13
archaege

My opinion from working with these kind of tools is that they can leave it as simple as it is now for the average user, while still adding more complex, but unrequired, options for the more advanced designer.

If the event system gains enough features, a scripting language wouldnt be necessary, but even if one was added, that doesnt mean it needs to be complex.

Also one thing I have heard concern about that i would hope gets addressed at least in beta is the dialog options, ie, no branching trees of dialog, which is essential to a lot of storytellers.

But so far im pretty impressed by it (from reading manual and watching videos, still deciding whether or not to pay <grin>)

Archaegeo
archaege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 09:03 AM   #14
kaetemi

Location: Lembeek, Belgium E-mail: [email protected] NeL Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaege
Is there a scripting language of any sort?
There is, but I don't think it will be available to players yet at release.
kaetemi is online now   Reply With Quote