Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 15th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #1
sutra

Observations and a few questions.

Hello all,

learning the Ring while reading the .PDF.

A few observations (did not find a bug forum easily; did I miss something?):

1) the Act info line lacks a 'space' before the title you enter manually.
2) The name of an entity I made was not copied to the Test instance (although it re-appeared correctly in the Scenario).
3) The hand-set season is not copied to the Test instance (it was snowing and winter, it should be raining and autumn).

Questions:

1) Is the spawn point also the *respawn* point? Not seen one yet. Probably missed it .
2) Can I delete a scenario?
3) Can I make a different character 'take over' a saved scenario? (saved with other char). I found out I want another char to test it....(better level comparison).
4) Not seen yet (probably in PDF?) but can I set the number of peeps that should be in a team? Or total levels? Both would be nice: min and max values.
5) Is there any Ring entrance on ROS? If so, where please? Looked around a bit...nada.
6) Whoops forgot the most important one: are we still under NDA or can I send the PDF and screenshots to my friends? It would go a long way to persuade them to drop whatever they play and get over here .

No doubt, more later.

Thank you kindly for any and all useful comments

Sincerely,
Lucas aka Zinger aka The Unsmurf
sutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:34 PM   #2
oldmess

Re: Observations and a few questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutra
6) Whoops forgot the most important one: are we still under NDA or can I send the PDF and screenshots to my friends? It would go a long way to persuade them to drop whatever they play and get over here

In another thread, it was stated that the NDA has been lifted. You should be fine.
oldmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:59 PM   #3
zanthar

I don't think there is an entry point in RoS because you have to be a paying customer to use the ring. I could be wrong though
zanthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 07:05 PM   #4
marct

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanthar
I don't think there is an entry point in RoS because you have to be a paying customer to use the ring. I could be wrong though
This is only ATS at the moment. Are you saying you are on RoS on the ATS?

The mainland(non-ATS) does not have Ring terminals, but the Mainland on the production version of the ATS does have them outside the Capital city.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #5
sutra

Hello,

oldmess: thanks, I have sent some goodies to folk on my MMORPG mailing list .

zanthar: that makes sense 8-) - I sit corrected, thank you. Please check my first question to marct though - that is the reason for my uncertainty.

marct: hmm I realize you are really asking zanthar - but your comments raise some questions in my mind...and some of the 'pro' definitions you use have me a bit baffled. Could you tell me please marct:
1) Why would a char not be able to be on ROS on the Test Server? I have 2 chars there (and used one to look for the apparently non-existent Ring facility). My notion to look for the stuff is that I seem to recall the scenario editor saying there is a 'learning stuff' setting (others are 'story telling', 'hack & slash' and 'mystery'). But more still because I noticed that a low level char I have only had a choice of 3 different islands to use from Jungle - whereas a higher level char had oodles to choose from. I thought perhaps because I was on ROS with the lowbie, I could choose stuff that is only found on ROS. Anyone have *any* clue why those choices are different?
2) marct what do you mean with 'production version of the ATS'? I also saw some names of shards; none of that makes sense to me yet. What server should I be on that is most active with The Ring please? I noticed one empty terminal in Zora and one with only one scenario in Dyron. Must be wrong shard? Any and all info on this appreciated. Please try to explain it so a noob understands .
3) You say 'outside the Capital city' - you mean 'near the entrance'? Or are there some out in the open?

Then, more general questions (having good fun getting things working):

a) How do I keep Carnivores inside a Place? They do not seem to have the 'activity'.
b) Can I edit creature specs? I want a Kipee to spawn (works) after another is killed (boss spawner, works), run to where the guard got murdered (works) then attack whoever did it - no clue on how to do that last part. It is set to 'can attack players' but how do I make it aggro?
c) I put a critter in an area told it to go to 'work' but it shows up as 'hunt' is that a bug?

Thanks for any and all help,
Lucas

* Seeking the bubble reputation
* Even in the cannon's mouth.
-
* As You Like It
sutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #6
jamela

1) Now that the Ring is open beta I guess that even a trial account can have Ring access, previously I imagine that only players with full accounts were invited to join ATS groups. The availability of maps and items to use in the Ring editor, however, is linked to the number of respawn points that your character has reached; as a measure of your knowledge of Atys and Ryzom lore. So a character on RoS will have the most limited set of items to toy with, not having a single mainland respawn point. Maybe reaching an additional point on Silan unlocks a little more, I don't know.

2) Only the ATS server is available to us, and this is the production version. In-house testers have 3 other shards, Basil, Edmund and Baldric, for their own testing.

3) By one of the main gates, not way out in the open.

a) After checking again earlier, carnivores and herbivores only have areas available for their activities; sleeping and hunting/feeding. If you do not assign an area to a mob then perhaps that will keep them from straying from their spawn point unless they are scared away or find prey wandering into their aggro range.

b) No, you can't edit creature specs. You cannot make a non-aggro entity aggro - in general that would go against natural Atysian behaviour. What you may be able to do to achieve what you're trying, though I doubt it, is to group the second kipee with the first and only activate (make visible) the second kipee when the first one dies.

c) Work would be the generic term, while hunt is specific to predators. Sounds like a small contextual oversight. Ticket it

Last edited by jamela : September 18th, 2006 at 02:42 PM.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote