Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 24th, 2006, 07:02 AM   #11
netzz

Re: Limit of 100 objects, any workarounds ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitst
Making R2 maps as lush as the mainland is impossible with the current limitations. I think it should be more like 1000 entities and items per scenario.

/agree

I'm guessing the reason for the limitation is twofold:

1. So your r2 file is under 1 Mgb.

2. So your not taking up a TON of server space. (The more obvious)

Still, I'd be happy with +1-200............

(I could still easily e-mail a 2 Mgb file as an attachment)
netzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #12
schlo01

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitst
Making R2 maps as lush as the mainland is impossible with the current limitations. I think it should be more like 1000 entities and items per scenario.

I think there is a difference between the trees on most of the mainland maps and those, we could place on the R˛-maps.

Like the trees on R˛-maps like Barkleft (Forest 15) most mainland-trees are part of the map and not static objects. So they don't fall under whatever object limit is set.

Don't forget the Ryzom- (NEL-) engine can display about 250 entities at the same time (at least this is what I remember).
If one creates a scenario with all 100 objects and all 100 mobs for hack and slay fun, there are only 50 entities left for players (we had up to 150 player in a player-run event on leanon last year).

Maybe have a look at RoS. Nearly the whole ranger camp is build using static objects and NPCs. Sometimes, when many free-trial-player are playing (sunday or on holidays), objects and players "disappear" because of the 250 entity limit of the engine.

But I agree, many of the R˛-maps are quite empty. But on the others hand they had to be so empty, in order to provide enough space for our ideas.
I think this maps are a compromise, but we are at the very beginning of R˛ and can hope for improvement.

Carfesch

"Das Leben ist eine endlose Aneinanderreihung von demütigenden Niederlagen, bis man sich nur noch wünscht Flanders wäre tot"
Homer J. Simpson
Amerikanischer Philosoph ca. 2000 n. Chr.

schlo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #13
truce1

Im thinking this is a limmitation of the points being caped at 150 out of 250.

I think after this preview the number of objects will scale with your R2 points/level.
truce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #14
rushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlo01
I think there is a difference between the trees on most of the mainland maps and those, we could place on the R˛-maps.

Like the trees on R˛-maps like Barkleft (Forest 15) most mainland-trees are part of the map and not static objects. So they don't fall under whatever object limit is set.

Don't forget the Ryzom- (NEL-) engine can display about 250 entities at the same time (at least this is what I remember).
If one creates a scenario with all 100 objects and all 100 mobs for hack and slay fun, there are only 50 entities left for players (we had up to 150 player in a player-run event on leanon last year).

Maybe have a look at RoS. Nearly the whole ranger camp is build using static objects and NPCs. Sometimes, when many free-trial-player are playing (sunday or on holidays), objects and players "disappear" because of the 250 entity limit of the engine.

But I agree, many of the R˛-maps are quite empty. But on the others hand they had to be so empty, in order to provide enough space for our ideas.
I think this maps are a compromise, but we are at the very beginning of R˛ and can hope for improvement.

Carfesch

yeps that sounds about right. when people spam sources at stables in towns eventually people, buildings, whatever start disappearing as the limit is reached.

however surely it would be better to have the 100 limit within a 200m radius, or whatever the max clip is, some of the maps are fairly large and populating the whole area you have to be extremely spartan as is.
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote