Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 24th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #1
ghenjis

Question Making Npcs Talk In Ryzom Ring

When i have the guy that gives u the mission in the begginning of the lvl u have to go out and kill the enemys commander.Then u are to return to a different guy(The commander of ur town)But it doesn't work. It ends up that the enemy commander says the thing ur towns commander is supposed to say. I have the directions of Ryzom Ring but they just said how to make it so a npc could talk. Enyone know how i do it.

Another question is.Is there enyway u can after u do the mission the lvl either restarts or u start a new mission in a different place.I also need to know this if i want to keep the people playing my Ryzom Ring server to have some fun.
ghenjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 06:44 AM   #2
raynes

Re: Making Npcs Talk In Ryzom Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghenjis
When i have the guy that gives u the mission in the begginning of the lvl u have to go out and kill the enemys commander.Then u are to return to a different guy(The commander of ur town)But it doesn't work. It ends up that the enemy commander says the thing ur towns commander is supposed to say. I have the directions of Ryzom Ring but they just said how to make it so a npc could talk. Enyone know how i do it.

Another question is.Is there enyway u can after u do the mission the lvl either restarts or u start a new mission in a different place.I also need to know this if i want to keep the people playing my Ryzom Ring server to have some fun.

It sounds to me like you have your commanders mixed up. My suggestion is to name them according to what they do. So the guy giving the mission, call "first mission giver", the guy you are killing "player kills", the guy you return to "guy after kill". Then setup your scenario to work. When everything is done, rename them to what you want the player to see.

Not sure what you are asking in the second question.
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #3
rme2001

On the second question : Yes you can make it so that other people can do the quest over again after they have completed.

Forget what i said ... Mreguy34 below has a far easyer solution.

Last edited by rme2001 : September 24th, 2006 at 12:05 PM.
rme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:25 AM   #4
mreguy34

You could also have the timer restart the act which automatically resets everything to the beginning.
mreguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #5
rme2001

I don't think you can restart an act, at least i tried it yesterday, and it wouldn't work. You can however, switch back the Act1 if your in act 2.
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #6
mreguy34

I only have one act atm. When it finishes, I restart it manually in AM mode just by simply clicking on ACT I. I assume (we know what that word can do to people, though) that triggering ACT I from an event or timer will also restart the act even if act I is currently running. Would be a good thing to test.

My scenario is in shambles at the moment so I can't test this. But I'm hopeful it will work.

Edit: Actually I do have another scenario I can use to test. Going in now. Will report back momentarily.
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #7
rme2001

Thats probably the difference, i'm using masterless. When i'm testing and i switch Act1 back it works fine. But when i launch it on the ring and i trigger a "resettimer" of 20 seconds with the action to start Act1 (allready in Act1) everything just stay's the way it is (NPC's don't move back to thier position/creatures don't respawn)

I'm gonna try and link the restarting of the act to the succes of the last mission, see if that works. I'll post here if it works.
Old September 24th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #8
mreguy34

Yay! It worked. I actually created a new scenario instead of using current. I had one npc. I created an event that said when npc is targetted, he dies and another spawns (so I could visually see that the act restarted and everything reset). I had the new npc walk around the body (for a short delay) and another event so that when the new npc reached end of route, act I restarts.

It worked perfectly. Act I restarted automatically and everything reset. She disappeared and the other npc was standing again.
Old September 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #9
rme2001

Yup, your right, worked perfect when i completed the mission everything reset.

Just can't figure out why i couldn't get that to work earlyer

You just saved me a lot of extra work
Old September 24th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #10
mreguy34

Smile Re: Making Npcs Talk In Ryzom Ring

Great! Glad it worked for you.