Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 24th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #1
raynes

A live test status?

Is there a way that you can upload a scenario and put it live, yet not have it listed in the ring terminal to the general game population? Just to people you specifically invite?

If that isn't available, can we have that added? Tonight I wanted to let a few people run though it and felt bad I had to tell others it wasn't ready for prime time yet.
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #2
mreguy34

Re: A live test status?

I don't think this is a complete solution for you, but you have the option to set it for guild only and some other similar options. I'm not sure if its still listed to everyone else or not. I'd assume it would only list to guild members.

Also, after you take it live and have the people you want joined to the scenario, you can edit its options to disallow newcomers by unchecking that option. Again, not sure if this removes it from the list or not. You can find this option under the LISTING OPTIONS button located on the top right of your screen when live in AM mode. You have the same options in masterless mode as in mastered mode. The button is just in a different location on the UI.
mreguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #3
sidusar

If you choose not to allow newcomers, then only the people you invited will see your scenario listed.

It seems though that I couldn't uncheck that option until the scenario was fully loaded, so there'll still be a window of a few minutes (while the scenario loads) in which everyone will see your scenario listed.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #4
mreguy34

Ahh. I just came across this as I tested. You have the option to disallow newcomers before you move to live as well. So you could uncheck "allow newcomers" then send to live. However, if its not listed, I don't know how you'd invite people to the scenario. Is there a command line command?
Old September 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #5
sidusar

You can uncheck it before you go live, but it checks itself again when you go live. You have to uncheck it again after you go live.

At least, it does so for me.

One way to invite people is to send them a tell, and there'll be an "invite" option on the tell window. (Be sure to include the server name when you send someone a tell from the editor, or your client may crash.) Or you can open up the invititation window once your scenario is live, click the "invite" button there and enter the name of the character you want to invite. I don't know if there's a command line command too, don't really need one.

You can invite people even if they aren't online. Everyone you've invited will see your scenario listed. There doesn't seem to be a way to un-invite someone once they're invited though. Except closing down the scenario, which deletes all invitations as well.

Last edited by sidusar : September 24th, 2006 at 02:40 PM.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #6
mreguy34

Ahhh. Thanks for the info
Old October 29th, 2006, 01:53 AM   #7
nephy13

If you uncheck the four server options (Arispotle, Cho, etc), then noone will see your scenario at a Ring terminal. You will still be able to invite specific homins manually of course.

(You could alternatively uncheck all the racial, faction or level options, but that seems less intuitive to me)
nephy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 04:08 AM   #8
katriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephy13
If you uncheck the four server options (Arispotle, Cho, etc), then noone will see your scenario at a Ring terminal. You will still be able to invite specific homins manually of course.
I would expect that no one will be able to see it at all, even if they are invited manually, because of how the guild-only option behaves: if you enable it then invite someone who isn't in your guild, that person still won't be able to access it.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 03:14 AM   #9
nephy13

They added an "allow newcomers" checkbox, so just untick that to prevent anyone at all from seeing it in the terminal.
nephy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 08:52 AM   #10
bluefve

Or simply just use the Allow Team feature. Invite the people you want into a team and invite.
bluefve is offline   Reply With Quote