Go Back   Ryzom > Marketing > Brainstorming
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 4th, 2008, 02:29 AM   #1
zianno

Developers Diary / Blog postings

I recently posted a thread in the newcomers board due to my lack of privileges elsewhere and it was suggested that I post my idea here... so here goes.

I think both the existing community and those looking at Ryzom for the first time would benefit greatly from some kind of Developers Diary or regular posting to a blog of some description.

At the moment, we are being told very little once a month apart from.. "You get to play for free for one month more". Whilst this is greatly appreciated, it is plain to see that both the existing community and those who are trying Ryzom for the first time are becoming jaded at the lack of information given in these postings.

Therefore, can someone on the Dev / CSR team take the time perhaps once a week to make a post to a regular thread about what's going on in a little more detail. People are much more likely to hang around and wait patiently if they are given little bits of information on a more frequent basis.

It doesn't have to be much, or even of any great length, but a short, regular posting once a week or even every few days would give a great deal of comfort and inspiration to those sat around waiting for news of some kind...

So how about it eh ??

zianno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:34 PM   #2
zianno

Re: Developers Diary / Blog postings

Oh well, i guess this one fell on deaf ears....
zianno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #3
iphdrunk

Re: Developers Diary / Blog postings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianno
Oh well, i guess this one fell on deaf ears....

Not really, just let me point out that:

- This has been suggested several times, to current and previous owners. In this and other posts. I am pretty sure the request has been formulated loud and clear.

- We did have "dev chats / logs / roadmaps" with Nevrax, at the beginning directly with David Cohen Corval and other developers, Miko Berset for the ring... then we got updates from Ms. Mulligan (a creative director consultant more or less), then from Xavier (as a community liason), Marjo (idem)... but nothing for a couple of years. Last thing was a IRC chat with Phelan (sp?) but it was vaporware.
iphdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote