Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 17th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #1
alibasil

Introduce Your Character!

Hi my name is Alibooma

I'm 25 years old and was born during the fall of the year 2500 in Zora.

From what i can remember of my childhood zora was still a developing town back then (and still is today). I always remember the stories my parents told me as a child about the kitin war of the 2480's - after their death I have made it my life's saga to protect the Zorai race from the kitin.

I was 15 when the peace treaty was signed at Fairhaven and remember the jubilation in Zora carried on for weeks. This was one of the happiest part of my life- fear of war is not a pleasant state of mind for a spiritualist like myself.

Recently we have seen a presence of goo. With my new found skills as a fighter, it is my calling to assist the Zorai and fight for the Kami. A great help in my quest are my band of brothers - Project Mayhem.

Right now i look forward to the marriage of two members of my guild: Livik and Viktor. This will be a great moment for them as there are no records of previous Zorai marriages. I expect a week long party!
alibasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #2
kibsword

Re: Introduce Your Character!

OOC: Good idea

IC:

Hello, I am Kibs

A proud matis female with parents who died at the hands of a rogue zorai in the heat of battle v the kitins. The zorai was punished in accordance with the laws at the time, but ever since she has mistrusted most Zorai. Only a few have managed to gain her trust, but that took a lot of work.

Kibs enjoys spreading her abilities to get the best use out of what she can do. She loves helping out homins in need, and will often take one under her wing to help when she has the time. This is how she met her wife Absinthia, whom she married at the frog ponds in Fleeting Garden many winters ago now.

She takes pride in her skills as a leader, being a high officer of the rulers of Atys, and having helped to lead the matis and matis/tryker armies on several occasions.

Although she wants to get on with everyone, if someone is out of line she will tell them so, while trying to keep her cool.

She is always looking forward to meeting new friends most of all

-kibsywibsy
kibsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 02:10 AM   #3
linkzero

I am Link...

My childhood consisted mostly of riding my mektoub, climbing trees, playing and other physical activities. My brothers and I communicated mostly through spontaneous outbreaks of physical violence. In my defense, I was a voracious reader. My parents,of Royal blood, had a rule that allowed only 10 hours of gingo killing a week. One hour during the week and 3 hours a day on the weekend. In order to be able to kill gingos, however, we were required to read a history book a month. The rule soon became moot for me as I read a great deal more than a book a month. My step-brother was not so inclined. I still remember seeing him at the end of each month furiously reading so he could kill. No foreign languages were spoken, however, and we never read the paper. The rest is history ...

Now my mission is life is to torment as many as Matisly possible

Proudly married to the lovely Matis beauty queen and über outstanding melee fighter, Tangie !!
linkzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 04:07 AM   #4
pinguini

I am Synn,

different from many other homins, I don't know my parents... well not my real parents. I was told by the people that took me in, that they died bravely fighting the Kitin menace but I don't know that for a fact.
I know for sure though, that I was raised in Pyr and that my "parents" where mektoub traders and breeders. So we had the money and they enabled me to learn. I bought books, joined educating meetings and tried to prove myself in fighting. I realized soon, that fighting with steel wasn't my greatest talent and did disregard more than I should have. One thing I was good at, was the treating of wounds and so I spend a lot of time helping the sick and wounded.

Even in my young days I had dreams... of former things. I dreamt of people I didn't know, of adventures I hadn't been on, and of the love between two people, that didn't include me. And one day, I met one of those I had seen in my dreams... a member of the RoA Guild. First I was skeptic because most of them were not from Fyros, and because they they believed not in the power of the Kami, but since I was taught to be tolerant, I spend time with them and learnt to like them. I then entered my duty in this Guild and was brought to the Matis Lands as well.
Once there I realized that my dreams had brought me here before... and my fear of the new lessend.
Once I arrived at my second home, I met many people that seemed very familar, and I must have reminded of someone as well.. and soon I was fully intgrated into the Guild.
One day... I thought a thunder struck me. The loving homin, that I had seen in my dreams, caught my eye... and I must have caught his, because very soon there was an undescribable love in the air.
Now, after a long time, which seemed even longer, due to my dreams, this noble Matis has asked for my hand in marriage. Our wedding will be soon, and I hope that once we have found a good home and safe place, we can be there for our children, as my parents never could.
pinguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:49 AM   #5
layswan

Hi I am Tabatha

One frosty wintery morning I awoke upon a ground covered white with snow. Clothed in some savage refugee rags, torn ripped and snagged. Memory ablank with no recollection of what had passed.

Afraid? Homeless? Hungry? No! Never! Fear is but a weapon in the minds eye. Home became this fruitful land where I learnt to live of what I could kill. Day by day I worked hard building up my skills - honing them making them usefull tools.

My past is part of a blurred and unmemorable dream. What holds the key to the future is the Here and Now. Maybe one day my history will become apparent - maybe not. But I will not weep over what cannot be recalled - for today I am alive and hungry for life!

If you cross my path - then feel free to call me "Friend" - for those that share a meal at my fire are indeed friends. My trusty arm is strong and never fails - my courage will enlighten your spirit and give you hope on a bleak day.

Come hunt with me - for that is what we do.............
layswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #6
borg9

Neun of Tryker

I am Neun of Tryker, born to Nineteen a famous crafter in her time. My father is unknown to me and I have dedicated my life to solve this great mystery. I was brought up as a refugee in Barkdell and lived there for only a short while. Travel and exploration is in my bones, no one place can keep me for long.

Some say that I was born with a pick in my hand. My childhood memories shaped my future, the cot I used to sleeping was lined with my mother's old leather crafters glove and I still have this to this day.

For many years my mother and I were separated, she disappeared in the great wave that took her away and many of her friends. I have been reunited with my birth mother, however her great skills are still lost to her. Her heart is as pure as I am sure one day she will attempt to relearn what she once knew. I am just happy that she was returned, to me, unharmed.

My half sister Nine now travels with me, I am teaching her the ways of forage as now its much to dangerous to harvest alone. She is learning fast and one day I hope she will pass her knowledge on as I have mine.

My blood brother Raynez, a master of the ways of life, has always been there for me. No sword or word will ever break this bond. I would die for him and I am sure he would do the same. Water is sometimes thicker that blood. Word reached me that Starflow and he are to be wed. This will be a great day for homin kind and I wish them much joy and many children. Anyone who can keep this wanderer in one place, is one mighty fine lady. Starflow welcome to our family, ask and it will given with love. My love, to you both, at this special time.

My guardian Ishamael, a great warrior in The Elementals of Ayts, watches over me. I met him when he could barely lift a sword. Now in his high quality white armour, it makes me proud that he still has time for me and we share our memories of the times out hunting when we were just boys. I still laugh when we go foraging together as I run for safety as the kinchers get close and he just slowly puts down his pick and draws his sword. A few blows and the knicher falls. He calls me names but I know he means me no harm, I get my revenge when I watch him use a pick. He handles it like a mace the clumsy oaf.

My betrothed Melanija, who currently very busy, met on the harvest fields of Loria. I never did like doing anything the easy way. Finally agreed to be my wife after much effort on my behalf. A kinder Lady does not exist in the whole of Atys. Our story is a long one and I will save that for another day. I miss her and eagerly await her return.

I have one other true friend I need to mention, this is Zella, Leader of the Atys Ghost. She grew up with my mother and took me under her wing when I was just a boy. She is very special to me and I will always have a special place in my heart for her.

I mention these five, not because they are more important than my other friends but they have had the greatest effect on my life story so far.

I have travelled the lands of Atys. I have prayed for the lost in Zorai, I have fought the great beasts in the burning deserts of Fyros, I admired the Majestic Gardens and great structures of Matis and I have braved the Prime roots, much to the annoyance of the Karavan. I know that I my movements are closely watched by both the Karavan and the Kami. I respect both, for they possess, great power and knowledge of our lands. Their actions however do not yet reveal their intent. They both have helped and betrayed our peoples in our history. They request of me blind faith, which I will give but with some suspicion. These are dangerous words for me to say here, I am sure that I may regret speaking them openly.

As for the people of Atys, be they Fyros, Matis, Zorai or Tryker. I see them all as equals I have forgiveness for the deeds of their fore fathers actions and one day hope to see all these people united, as one great race, as it was spoken by Elias, husband of Jena and father of Atys.

I live by the Harvesters Code, a true and unbreakable bond, created many years ago. In simple words: Look out for your fellows and they will look out for you. I am often seen speeding to aid a fallen harvester, long before their pick and body hits the ground.

I have two gifts, which I bring to Atys, these are trust and love. I give both of these freely and ask for nothing in return. Those that keep them safe know that I am never far away. I have little interest in dapper or things these are easily replaced.

As for my future I don't know what it holds, I carry with me scars of battles and even worst those of misunderstandings. My battle scars heal quickly, however the misunderstands I doubt will ever heal.

I am a Tryker and proud of it. I will be neither master or slave to anyone or anything. Mark these words closely, as freedom of sprit is something no vine can ever bond.

My main trade is crafting, although you will often hear me say, I am just a humble harvester. Friend to the beasts and people of Atys.

Do unto others, as you would have done to you.
Unite and be strong and have we shall fear no longer the evils of Atys.

This is just the start of my story and just a brief view of what makes me what I am, when our paths cross as I am sure they will in time, you too will become part of my history. Thank you for taking to time to listen.

Last edited by borg9 : February 24th, 2005 at 11:02 AM.
borg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #7
richaden

ooc: On request, I repost this background story of Yamcha and Ailish

IC:

Yamcha was a typical little boy, he would charge about all day, saving the homins from the evil Kitin monsters with his trusty pike made of a long branch. Of course, it was just his imagination. His playground was the refugee colonies, and the troubled times of the Exodus were before he had even been born. He dreamed of the tales his parents told him of the Force of Fraternity, mighty warriors. He wanted to be a mighty warrior some day.

He often got scolded by the strange Karavan people, for straying too far from the refugee camps in his adventures, and sometimes caught a glimpse of a shadow moving in the distance, a -real- monster. But the Karavan people always kept them away. They were nice people.

Then one day everything changed, the Karavan people were taking homins from the refugee camp to a place called Matis Island. Yamcha's parents told him that he was one of the Homins who had to go there. He didn't understand, why weren't his parents coming with him?

There was another family which lived close to Yamcha's family in the refugee camps. They had a young daughter, a little younger than Yamcha was, about 8 while Yamcha was 10. Yamcha didn't like girls much, they didn't like to play war, they were silly things, icky things. But on that day that Yamcha's parents were explaining about going with the Karavan to Matis Island, the other family came over to their little home. The little girl was wide-eyed, she seemed like she didn't know what was going on either. Yamcha thought her parents looked sad for some reason...

The grown-ups talked for a while, and Yamcha sat on the floor with the little girl. She whispered to him "I'm Ailish...", and looked a little frightened. Yamcha put his hand on hers gently and said "I'm Yamcha, don't be scared."

Yamcha's parents and Ailish's parents stopped talking, and looked to the two children. Yamcha's dad's eyes were a bit red, he didn't know why. His voice sounded funny. He told Yamcha that he had to be a big boy, he had to be brave, and he had to look after Ailish on their trip.

Yamcha nodded. The two children got up, and walked with their parents to the Karavan teleporter. They waved goodbye to their parents, Yamcha took Ailish's hand, and the next thing they knew, they were under the bright sun, standing in front of a welcomer on Matis Island.

There were lots of people there, older kids in armour with REAL swords, and some with funny gloves that looked a bit like what the Karavan people wore, but not.

As the weeks passed, Yamcha and Ailish began training. They learned about the History of Atys from their teachers, and Ailish asked about magic... Yamcha didn't know much about Magic. The tutor asked Ailish to come with her, but Yamcha resisted, refusing to leave Ailish. When asked why by the puzzled tutor, he insisted, looking up at her with his brave childlike eyes "I am her protector..."

The tutors found it awkward at first, but as some of the older kids on Matis Island left with some of those Karavan people again, to some other place, some free tutors became available. The two children were taught together. Ailish was taught how to tap into the Sap, the magical lifeblood of Atys, to produce destructive spells. Yamcha was taught how to taunt an enemy, and how to parry attacks, to protect Ailish as her light caster clothing would not offer much protection against a gingo's claws.

The tutors were amazed at how the two worked together, and soon they were beyond needing the tutors. They tackled harder and harder enemies on Matis Island, always returning to their tutors for a few tips now and then.

Time travelled quickly on Matis island, and the two children became those 'older kids' they'd looked on in awe when they first arrived. As they grew older, their skills increased until they could match anything on Matis island, but as well as that, they grew closer.

One night, Yamcha dragged Ailish out to a hill on the edge of the island by Borea. She teased him, saying all the Gingos were sleeping for the night, and tickled him as usual.

Under the star-filled sky, Yamcha looked at Ailish and smiled sweetly. He just looked at her, not saying a word. Ailish looked back, and raised an eyebrow, poking Yamcha's chest softly

"What??" she asked, poking her tongue out.
"You know Ailish... I am blessed." he said, pausing a moment. Ailish pulled her tongue back in, and looked at Yamcha now, listening...

"I get to spend every day with the most beautiful girl on the isle, I know most of the other guys would do anything to be in my position..."

"Oh you're silly Yamcha..." she said, turning away a little, trying to hide a slight blush

"No, let me finish... I wanted to tell you this a long time ago, but I swore to protect you and could not risk that by pushing you away..." he said. He took her hands in his gently, and whispered "I love you Ailish... and I always will."

Ailish looked back at Yamcha, and sat up on her knees, flinging his arms around his neck where they sat, burying her face in his shoulder, hiding her joyfully tearful eyes. She said "and I love you too Yamcha... I love you more!"

She pulled from his shoulder, looking into his eyes with a beaming smile, and they kissed spontaneously, a wonderful kiss that seemed to last an age beneath those stars.

It seems a long time since that night. Yamcha and Ailish left Matis island long ago, and took to the mainland swiftly. Joining the Stormdancers Guild, led by Bael, a friend of them both from when they were on Matis island, the couple's adventures continue, taking on every new challenge that awaits them.

Most importantly though, beyond their high ranks in the Guild, beyond their prowess together on the battlefield, they share the thing most important to Homins, the thing that wars are waged so to allow its existence, the thing that the Kitin will never know.

That thing called Love.

I am Yamcha, Pikeman of the Matis, Leader of the Stormdancers, Defender and eternal lover of my dearest Ailish. Do not fight for vengeance or for blood, fight for freedom and for Love.
richaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:30 PM   #8
mikelaw

My name is Mikelaw and i am a stranger to the world, i have no past, no family. I am born a pure spirit to atys, I am aty's child, I am the one.....
mikelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2005, 01:40 AM   #9
boinged

My background was unremarkable like that of most street urchins. Stealing food, running from guards and hiding were skills I had to learn early on in order to survive. As I got older I grew tired of living from the gutters of Pyr and became jealous of the fat, lazy homins that paraded around the city without giving me a second glance. I soon realised that this would only keep me in a life of misery - better to steal dapper and enjoy myself.

After dabbling in petty thievery and mugging for a while my misfortune seemed to end and I could sleep in a real bed for once! All was going well until I was caught red handed picking the pocket of an undercover guard. As a punishment I had to clean out the barracks for a month. It was hard work but I learnt alot watching the soldiers train. As I left, it dawned on me that the life of a thug wasn't for me but being a salaried guard just didn't make business sense.

With the small amount of my remaining ill-gotten gains plus some tools and weapons I 'borrowed', I managed to stay safely on the edge of a legal career. I wouldn't say I was an angel, but then again, the guards could never quite prove I was to blame for the occasional misdemeanor. Several close calls with the shady people I dealt with taught me to learn to defend myself.

During one such disagreement over payment I was ready to dispatch my customer in Pyr bar when I was invited to drink with a small group of mercenaries. We joked about some of my capers and they had a few tales to tell of other cities, ripe for the picking. It didn't take long (or many jugs of ale) for me to realise I would be better off with these guys. The slowly approaching group of our collective, angry punters also helped me to quickly decide to join The Samsara.

So here I am now. Each day brings potential new ways to separate homins from their dapper. I have a strong guild at my side, a growing reputation and what can only be unimaginable wealth ahead of me.

Look out Atys, here I come!
boinged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #10
vinnyq

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

Male, 27, Virginia, USA.
Programmer.

Mainly in Fyros, but mostly a casual player now (except for some weekends when the old addiction start coming back).

Glad to be part of this community.
vinnyq is offline   Reply With Quote