Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old February 9th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #1
shadowweb
Former SGM

Forums: What Bugs You The Most? (by Xavier Antoviaque)

You know, all those small things that could make your life easier with a bit of fine-tuning. Like being able to put more landmarks on the map, for example. We are trying to get an exhaustive list of these /small/ improvements, to pick up a few of them to include in our development schedule. This thread has thus been opened to let you post your own items. Two important warnings though!

<Lawyer Mode ON>

1) Only a few, if any, of the suggested items will be developed - we make no promise of any kind to integrate your suggestions!

2) We only seek *small* modifications, like being able to use more caracters and spaces for the landmarks, having emotes corresponding to the character's gender, the fact that when we cast a spell the camera doesn't automatically center behind the character anymore..,... Things that already exist in game and that wouldn't ask a tremendous time to be improved. So, please understand we are not talking about skills rebalancing, new features or rites here.

</Lawyer Mode OFF>

Now let's start sharing here our little frustrations on the daily Atysian life.
Old February 9th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #2
katriell

Re: Forums: What Bugs You The Most? (by Xavier Antoviaque)

The target reticle should go away when SHIFT+F5 is pressed.

Long menus, such as the emote menus and the landmarks menu on the compass, should be limited in height and scrollable. So you don't end up with a menu so long it goes off screen, leaving part of it inaccessible.

The ability to rearrange contact list manually. So for example, you could arrange people you want to quickly see the status of at the top, members of a certain guild together, etc.

The Matis 1h sword currently has no light trail. Makes hitting with one...unrewarding. XD

Thanks for this opportunity. Small annoyances and disfuctions, especially relating to the user interface, can sometimes be the worst.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel

Last edited by katriell : February 9th, 2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old February 9th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #3
richky

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
Yes please!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
The ability to rearrange contact list manually. So for example, you could arrange people you want to quickly see the status of at the top, members of a certain guild together, etc.
And add the ability to put offline players on your Friends list.
Old February 9th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #4
turjake

Quote:
Originally Posted by richky
And add the ability to put offline players on your Friends list.

Ohno, don't remove the almost foolproof alt-detector (tm)
Old February 10th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #5
bluefve

Character Sign-Off + Exit Game options should be reimplemented.

Noise for incoming tells (which can be deactivated).
Old February 10th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #6
xeraphim

Yikes thats alot of posts.. I havn't read them all but if this is a duplicate then i applogise..

How about having an outfit option... like the ability to compile an outfit of armour and/or jewels..
rather than moving them 1 by 1 to the bag and equipping then 1 by 1 .. this can be tedious...

this could be limited to a players apartment i suppose and a limited number of outfit configurations given to each player.
also an "un-equip all" coud be handy or "move outfit to"...

I would certainly have a smile on my face if i logged on and found this feature had been added.

in addition to this... which i'm sure you've heard a million times.. i'll just mention 2 things... speed cap on daggers and... (please) make range combat more acessable and worthwhile to players.
Old February 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #7
mtsmith

Guild Information Sorting + Currently Active Flag

I didn't read through the huge number of posts in this thread to see if this was addressed, but it is a HUGE pet peave of mine. It seems that it would be fairly easy to organize the guild alphabetically by section (GL/HO/O/M). It would be a lot easier to maintain a members list if this were implemented. I would also very much like to see some of the same functionality found in the contact list available in the guild info window. I would like to see members that are currently online and be able to message them from a central list, rather than pick through a hundred others on a bulky general contact list.

On a side note, a recent patch removed the ability to resize the guild window. I would request that the ability be restored as it is now very difficult to peruse the list. Did I mention that scrolling is pointless as it scrolls 5+ members at a time?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Old February 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #8
lexi44

First of all, I absolutely love this game just as it is, but feel it would be even better with the following modifications:

1. The ability to filter out Teleportation Pacts (tickets) in your inventory. There are times that I just don't need to "see" all 30 or so of my "tickets" in my inventory.

2. Being able to put spaces in map flags. So, instead of "KoDKaraTP" the flag could be "KoD Kara TP".

3. The Contact List should *stay* alphabetically sorted if you select to display it that way.

4. It would be very nice to have a message in System Info whenever a player on your Contact List logs in or out of the game (and a toggle to turn this feature off/on). Example: Spriteh has logged on.

5. A /hug emote.

6. Allow players to "log out to the character selection screen". This is probably not a "small" issue, but it sure would be nice not to have to completely exit the game, just to switch characters.

7. Fix the improper use of pronouns. For example, when a female character offers to trade with me, the message is something like: "MissElizabeth wants you to trade with HIM"....when it should be "...with HER".

8. When you learn a new skill, it would be nice if the skill would appear on the currently selected handbar. For instance: I have my magic spells on Handbar #3. If I had that Handbar showing when I buy a new magic spell, then that spell would go to the 3rd Handbar (if there were any empty slots).

9. Allow players to make a list of other players that can be allowed to enter their apartment. (Probably not a "small" issue either, but thought I would mention it, lol)

*Edit*
10. It would be nice to be able to bring up the loot (quartering) box with a hotkey (user-defined), rather than having to click on the creature to quarter it.

I did not read this entire thread, so please forgive me if these suggestions have already been made. Thank you for this opportunity to give my suggestions.

Last edited by lexi44 : February 12th, 2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old February 12th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #9
kgrieve

When reviewing new tatoos, haircuts etc. The face appears at the bottom of the box and this makes it difficult to see the whole effect with shoulders, armour etc. Maybe Kindle is just short, but could we have it so that the face fits with the eyes in the same place for each toon.

The Guild box is too small so it is difficult to manage Officers and high-officers. Could there be room for at least ten entries please. Maybe reduce the area at the top and increase the size.

On the compass, add another zoom size between 50m and 125m; suggest 80m.

An audible alert whenever a new chat appears. Maybe different tones for guild, chat window and around/region. I miss so many chats when I am hunting or healing.

When a team member is out of range, remove them from the map, rather than leave a false icon of where they were.

An indication of how many HO's and Officers there are, i..e HO - 3/4 to show you have three HO's allocated out of four possible.

The following emotes, /disagree, /hug, /yes, /no

Filters when giving mission mats to NPCs so that only mission items are shown.

Those were the quick fixes/annoyances, These are the modifications.

Be able to drag and drop Stanzas into you Inventory (with suitable filters), drag them back to the handbar or exchange them with other people.

Ability to drag and drop names from the guild window into your friends window.

Last edited by kgrieve : February 13th, 2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:46 PM   #10
evalisa

Contact's list:
The ability to sort alphabeticaly
The ability to filter out of line friends
The ability to add comments to each person on the list (ie: Officer of allied guild or Good jewery trader or Ignored for spamming)

Combat:
Fix Daggers (either make them hit as fast as it sais, or make the wepon stats say the correct speed)
Make duel wield allowable with all 1h weapons (prehaps not the spear, but mace and axe could easaly duel with a knife)
Fix or remove the staff (its in the skill tree i believe but would be impossible to kill anything with the ones on the vendor)
Fix Hand to hand (as with staffs)
Closed Thread