Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 25th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #1
raynes

Problem with Scenario running out of order?

When I run my scenario for the first time it runs fine. Then when it restarts it seems to run things out of order. The same thing happens when I test it. Runs great the first time. The second time it runs all whacked. Anyone else experiencing this?
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 05:58 PM   #2
sidusar

Re: Problem with Scenario running out of order?

I think you'll have to be a bit more specific.

By restarting the scenario, do you mean taking it down and then uploading it again? Or do you have an event to set the scenario back to it's initial state once a quest is completed?

If it's the later, there could be any number of little things wrong with it. For one thing, reactivating a dialog that's been deactivated has never worked for me yet. Until it does, I'm not even going to try making an event that sets my scenario back to it's initial state. It's doomed to fail if I can't reset my dialogs.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #3
mreguy34

Sidusar, You can use an event to restart the act which automatically resets everything.

As far as things happening out of order, I haven't experienced that yet. I'll keep my eyes open.
mreguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #4
raynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreguy34
Sidusar, You can use an event to restart the act which automatically resets everything.

As far as things happening out of order, I haven't experienced that yet. I'll keep my eyes open.

What is the option for this?
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #5
mreguy34

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynes
What is the option for this?

I can't get in game atm to get exact steps, but you would set a new event so that when the last dialog (or whatever happens last in your scenario) script ends, Act I starts. Even if you're currently in act I, choosing this outcome will restart the act. I'll post more specifics when the servers come back up.
mreguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:30 PM   #6
sx4rlet

Yup, I've been having the same Raynes.

I made a scenario with some events, and first time I really tested it, it did what it supposed to do, but after that, all events were messed up, an npc started to walk when he wasnt even triggered, npcs spawned...

now that I think of it, it felt like the scenario didnt start at the beginning, but started where it left in the testrun before. (except for spawning all mobs again).

Is this what you mean, Raynes?
sx4rlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #7
sidusar

Ah, thanks, I must've missed that option.

I'll have to try it out when the server gets back up.
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #8
raynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidusar
I think you'll have to be a bit more specific.

By restarting the scenario, do you mean taking it down and then uploading it again? Or do you have an event to set the scenario back to it's initial state once a quest is completed?

If it's the later, there could be any number of little things wrong with it. For one thing, reactivating a dialog that's been deactivated has never worked for me yet. Until it does, I'm not even going to try making an event that sets my scenario back to it's initial state. It's doomed to fail if I can't reset my dialogs.

I mean that if I start my scenario, run thought it in test mode. Stop it partially the way through due to an error, fix the error, and restart the test, things happen out of order. For the first run npc a will appear, then npc b, then npc c. The test happens a second time, npc c will already be there without npc b.

Or when I actually uploaded it to the server. I had someone run though it, it ran great. The second person ran through and npc's were spawning before they were supposed to.
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #9
sidusar

Quote:
I mean that if I start my scenario, run thought it in test mode. Stop it partially the way through due to an error, fix the error, and restart the test, things happen out of order.
That's very strange, I've never experienced that. If I go to test mode, go part of the way through, return to edit mode and then go to test mode again, it's always identical to the first time I went to test mode.

Don't think I can help you with that then. Sorry.
Old September 25th, 2006, 10:40 PM   #10
sx4rlet

Quote:
I mean that if I start my scenario, run thought it in test mode. Stop it partially the way through due to an error, fix the error, and restart the test, things happen out of order. For the first run npc a will appear, then npc b, then npc c. The test happens a second time, npc c will already be there without npc b.

Or when I actually uploaded it to the server. I had someone run though it, it ran great. The second person ran through and npc's were spawning before they were supposed to.

Sounds like we have the same problem :/
sx4rlet is offline   Reply With Quote