Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 9th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #1
rushin

Why I Choose Kami

Rushin entered Atys among the first misty eyed refugees, with no preconceptions, no expectations. Just an adventurous, somewhat wide eyed Zoraï girl. She had gained scant knowledge of the races and powers that made up her world; but the nature loving Kami, with their profound sense of balance and love for all the creatures of Atys gave her a clear direction to follow.

Arriving in Sheng-Wu she found herself surrounded by fellow Zoraï, all seemingly with a thousand tasks and running constantly around. Her first days were spent in quiet contemplation of her new surroundings, as she sought to explore and discover order in the chaos.

After some weeks she left for the mainland, to find herself in Zora. A few friends became constant companions, the companions became a guild, the guild was clear on its role in Atys and watchful for the conflict that was surely to come.

She has travelled the world, fought bravely against the Kitin, learnt to survive in a kitin infested PR, made good on her promise to aid the Kami and seek knowledge from the tribes of Atys. Guilds have come and gone, dear friends have vanished, more continue to come her way, but all in all she is Kami. Treading the path of Ma-Duk, wishing nothing more than to find peace, balance and enlightenment. Sadly a peaceful end may require a more violent creation, and her sword blazes in combat with the minions of the false goddess jena.
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 09:16 PM   #2
bgraz

Re: Why I Choose Kami

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushin
Rushin entered Atys among the first misty eyed refugees, with no preconceptions, no expectations. Just an adventurous, somewhat wide eyed Zoraï girl. She had gained scant knowledge of the races and powers that made up her world; but the nature loving Kami, with their profound sense of balance and love for all the creatures of Atys gave her a clear direction to follow.

Arriving in Sheng-Wu she found herself surrounded by fellow Zoraï, all seemingly with a thousand tasks and running constantly around. Her first days were spent in quiet contemplation of her new surroundings, as she sought to explore and discover order in the chaos.

After some weeks she left for the mainland, to find herself in Zora. A few friends became constant companions, the companions became a guild, the guild was clear on its role in Atys and watchful for the conflict that was surely to come.

She has travelled the world, fought bravely against the Kitin, learnt to survive in a kitin infested PR, made good on her promise to aid the Kami and seek knowledge from the tribes of Atys. Guilds have come and gone, dear friends have vanished, more continue to come her way, but all in all she is Kami. Treading the path of Ma-Duk, wishing nothing more than to find peace, balance and enlightenment. Sadly a peaceful end may require a more violent creation, and her sword blazes in combat with the minions of the false goddess jena.
wow those are some sweet pictures Rushin, brings back so many memories of when i was a young homin...ahh the good old days, and all such part of the reason I went with Kami also
bgraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #3
d29565

“Why I choose Kami.” Wow, if that isn’t a loaded question. And, I probably shouldn’t post it, as I am opening myself up to all kinds of emotional stress just remembering, but there are some radical things that I believe should be known, so sue me.

Now, read my sappy long story.

Keiko is a Matis character. When I started the game I immediately joined the same guild as my real life uncle Trindle, Out of Cavern. Out of Cavern was apart of the HOPE Alliance (an alliance that tried to stay neutral in conflicts), but when the fame patch came in, Out of Cavern decided to become a Karavan aligned guild only for access to the teleports. When Out of Cavern members finally ended up being 3 or so people, me being the most active, I decided I needed another guild. So, I joined Reapers of the Dark (was probably the second time I joined them, the first time I don’t even remember why I left OoC =) ). Reapers of the Dark used to have members that decided to leave Out of Cavern for whatever reason, so I figured I would be welcome there too. I was, for a time. But, Reapers of the Dark ended up joining with the Karavan Alliance, and everyone got so serious about the faction stuff.

I made the decision to be friends with both Kami and Karavan players, because I honestly thought the whole faction thing was stupid (This was when faction tags were being implemented). Apparently you cannot heal a ‘ganked’ Kami crafter. So, after my current guild fussed me out for that, I took a break from Keiko to play on my Kami avatar. The Kami players were very nice to me, and accepting of me, even though I told them I had a high level Karavan alt, in a Karavan guild. They didn’t seem to care, and I was allowed to join a guild. When I let Reapers know that I was just playing on another alt (even told them it was a guilded Kami alt) so that they wouldn’t worry where I was, I was practically harassed by my Karavan guild. They didn’t trust me enough to keep the stupid secrets they talked about in guild chat. Heh, silly me. Thinking a guild was about trust, friendship, and understanding-not faction. It was told to me by a member, “You shouldn't be surprised if people think that you can't be really our friends and play an alt on the other side of the game.” As if faction should play a role in friendship.

Anyway, after all of that drama, I left Reapers and went back to Out of Cavern where two other guild members of OoC continued in a way similar to mine, rezzing ganked Kami and Karavan players (I think maybe that heal bug was around-the one where you could heal without being tagged :P). Anyway. After I-Keiko (whatever, one in the same for me) ended up being called things like a Kami Slut and traitor, etc. I finally decided to join the Kami faction, where people seemed to enjoy my company a bit more.

In effect, I have decided that all avatars I make from now on will be of the Kami faction. Not due to lore or anything like that, but because I found only cruelty from people I had known since I started the game, and found, generally, kindness and understanding from people that I had only started to know-and still find that same kindness from most of them. I think it’s kind of ironic that I found cruelty towards me from a ‘family guild’ and ended up finding some pretty decent friends in a guild known for ganking and PvP (the previous Kings of Oblivion).

So yeah, that's why I went Kami =)
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:14 AM   #4
raven41

Wow....... I went Kami cus AP(Atys Paladins) were Kami, And I loved that guild... So w/e it did, I did... However... After some time...AP began to fall apart... the people (Not all, There are still some of them around) Began to leave... Then the veiws of the 'new' AP, didn't totally match mine anymore...

I concidered going Kara... But, I looked at how Karas (NOT all but KA -->mostly<--) Played, And veiwed the OP situation... And I thought about it... after many invites, And turning them all down... Someone came to me, and would not leave me alone, He kept saying I could make a real difference, In a new guild... But the guild wasn't new... It was an old guild, that had died many times... He told me "This time its different" ... I told him I would be no part of a guild that ganked... and he assured me, the guild was different then before...

Finnaly, I agreed... And I joined... The Kings of oblivion... Since then, I have been able to openly PvP freely ( I was the only AP member to tag up often... and was told not to plenty of times )... And I have been the patience of the guild lol, When Lewy and LT started acting up I had to try and keep them strait ...

And thats how I stayed Kami
raven41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:32 AM   #5
sluggo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by d29565
So yeah, that's why I went Kami =)

I'll only say, there's two sides to every story, things went badly between the guild and you, and I think that quote isn't really that accurate, but respect it as how you felt about it.

Hopefully, my fellow guildies just let that slide, and keep this to a peaceful thread, as I will.

Slightly offtopic, but I once had a boss who used to ride my butt a lot, I since realised I had immense respect for the man. Our jobs were all soon to be lost, as any that knew what was going on realised, and it was a really bad time, as I stupidly decided to move 1600 miles away from everyone i knew to accept a transfer from them, and knew the economy was terrible in the area i moved to for IT people. My point in mentioning this is that sometimes people have a falling out, in retrospect, somethign positive can always be learned from the experience.... for all involved.

I think as you, that for a lot of us, we join the same faction a lot of our friends joined, unfortunately, things get a little serious, it's good when we can get so immersed in a game's rules/lore that we take it seriously, it's bad when it hurts people's feelings, that's the bad thing in all that . Hopefully, we all live and learn as I try to do and know that i have a hotheaded side to me :P
sluggo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #6
kyesmith

Really enjoyed reading that rushin, brings back sooo sooo many memories of when i started playing (sami was a toon me and a friend created to see if we liked the game, ive never looked back since)
I think i enjoyed those times so much was because there was so much to descover, i get that same excitment each time something new gets brought into ryzom
kyesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #7
komissar

This thread could be very well complimented by stories from kami people that are going kara (quite a few of them too...) even from my own guild...

just my two cents.

"A fond memory" of the "Order of the Nameless"
Matisian Botanist: "Complete Atlas of Atysian Flora (work in progress)"
Devoted Scholar of the "Zorai pictograms" "Zorai pictographic Signatures on demand"
Author of "The Kitin Scriptures" "The Kitin Scriptures WEBCOMIC!!!"
"Яussians may die - but never give up!"

komissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #8
kyesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by komissar
This thread could be very well complimented by stories from kami people that are going kara (quite a few of them too...) even from my own guild...

just my two cents.

lol, and that couldnt be said for all those karavan who turned kami?
(quite a few of them too...)
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #9
komissar

Well Keiko already told us about that

And you Yaffle, aren't you a member of a Karavan tryker guild Nexus now? after all your kami years eh mate?

"A fond memory" of the "Order of the Nameless"
Matisian Botanist: "Complete Atlas of Atysian Flora (work in progress)"
Devoted Scholar of the "Zorai pictograms" "Zorai pictographic Signatures on demand"
Author of "The Kitin Scriptures" "The Kitin Scriptures WEBCOMIC!!!"
"Яussians may die - but never give up!"

komissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:16 PM   #10
kyesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by komissar
Well Keiko already told us about that

And you Yaffle, aren't you a member of a Karavan tryker guild Nexus now? after all your kami years eh mate?

As i have always said, faction comes second to me after friendship, i fight against the karavan alliance and yet are good friends with many karavan.
If nexus where kami, neutral or karavan i would still support my guild as they are a great bunch of people who i get along with, maybe its just me who can remeber past the patch where faction became important...

just my two cents