Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 27th, 2007, 02:12 AM   #1
beaut666

So I am working on this cool Ring idea...

...you know, a RACE! People get on thier mounts and ride around, have to get off thier mounts to get onto another, (like relay almost)..I laid out 2 killer race tracks...got it all ready to go, started to try it out.
And mounts aren't allowed in the Ring!! Agggh! I sent a letter in and the swet cool super duper people people at support (u know who you are) said that indeed, you cannot have mounts in the Ring, but would try to get it resolved!
I wanna race!!
Ok well either way it was so exciting, editing in the Ring...it really is an awesome awesome tool. I am logging in now to work on some more scenarios. I'm batting round the idea of contests, like mazes or something.
Beau

Beau (Arispotle Server)
beaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #2
tr808

Re: So I am working on this cool Ring idea...

Imho the ring needs to enable PVP inside it..... that would make it way more attractive to people then a mektoub race.
tr808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #3
hazira

Bah to each their own!

I think the race idea would have rocked myself, I love those kind of events, I sorta miss FFXI because of their chocobo raising and now racing, but meh that game is just too much anyway.. You have to feed your choco every RL life day or it either gets sick or hates you... >.<

But anyway, I played around with the ring a bit too and it's a lot of fun but I haven't come up with any ideas yet, I probably need to learn a lot more about the game before I do. I could see how players events would much more interesting with ring scenarios though and hope I can attend one someday!
hazira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #4
tr808

I have around 8 scenario's now finished in some sort of way but till they fix the hosting issue i wont be putting them on... and i didnt ment to say i dont liek the idea, i just think enabeling pvp in Ring scenarios will give them more of a fresh wind then a mektoub race.... but all imo.
tr808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #5
beaut666

Oh yeh the PvP enabling would be awesome. In fact, that was another thought I had (when I heard that Soul was going to do PvP arena events..) that it would be a cool idea to have a arena, with PvP dueling or group dueling for spectators to see. If anything got out of hand (like the audience helping) the GM could boot the offending spectator.
So yeh, I am going back in and trying to get some more ideas fleshed out.
Beau

Beau (Arispotle Server)
beaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote