Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Yumeroh
Administrator

Exclamation Correcting Ingame Texts

Hello everyone,

Once again we turn to you, our dedicated players, to ask for your help. We have decided to deal with all those small annoying text problems in the game once and for all. We have our own list and will still be looking out for them, but the more eyes we have looking the more likely we are to find them all.

By "text problems" we mean all kinds of typos, spelling mistakes, grammar errors and bad translations that you can currently find in the game.

To keep this thread as clean and helpful as possible please post only the bad text and your proposed correction. Please do not post any off topic questions or comments; by keeping your posts simple and to the point, we hope to speed up the work that needs to be done. Post the *exact* sentence the way it's found in the game, followed by your correction.

For example:

Ingame: "I am repersentavtive for the kami in Cities of Intuition"
Proposed Correction: "I am a representative for the Kami in Cities of Intuition"

Please pay careful attention (no typos in your corrections please ! ), and avoid posting the same sentence twice.
Thanks for your continued support, we eagerly await your responses!

Last edited by Sywindt : January 11th, 2010 at 11:22 PM.
Yumeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:00 PM   #2
freeeax

Re: Correcting Ingame Texts

Kami altar in the under spring has kami_altar_the_under_spring name.
freeeax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 12:40 AM   #3
5c0rp

Missing Text

Karavan Nexus alter

karavan_altar_nexus

Should be "Nexus Karavan Altar" or simular.
5c0rp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 06:16 AM   #4
kiamh

some of the missions given by La-Po Zhuangi (female zorai prospector) use the third person possessive pronoun 'his' in the mission descriptions. these should be changed to 'her'.

Ba'arppy Jidgen gives a mission that asks me to find out if there are any ragus in resting water, and if so he will pay me 974 dappers. under the mission description it lists:
find and target
<creature_fight_test_parent.ai>
<creature_fight_test_parent.name>

this should be:
find and target a ragus

Ba'Neppy Machen gives a mission 'Trail the Kitins in Winds of Muse' that asks me to find kizoars in WoM. under the mission description it lists:
find and target
<testguard.ia>
<testguard.name>

this should be:
find and target a kizoar

Hon Zo-Yuang gives a mission 'Make an inventory of the herbivores of Maiden Grove'. under the mission description it lists:
find and target
<<sheet57 not found in id.ia>
<<sheet57 not found in id.name>
find and target
<skills.ia>
<skills.name>
find and target
<test_nico.ia>
<test_nico.name>

these should be:
find and target an izam
find and target a bawaab
find and target a messab

i didn't check the other missions given by these NPCs.

Last edited by kiamh : February 6th, 2009 at 12:13 AM.
kiamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #5
faedyne

Location: from the exotic lands of Myst, Aquaria, Ryzom, and Phantasy Star

At least for Zorai female tattoos, a lot of the names are mixed up. A lot of them have names that include colors which are not in the tattoo, or describe patterns that aren't in the tattoo.

example: I believe that the two labeled "Blue Spiral" and "Pink Spiral" are reversed with "Fa-Ta Green" and "Bloody Thoughts". Only two are named spiral, and there are only two spiral patterns, but the names don't match the patterns. There's no green in the current "Fa-Ta Green", while there is in "Blue Spiral". Likewise, there's blue in the current "Fa-Ta Green".

I don't know how many others are mixed up. It may be difficult for me to figure them all out unless they're obvious. I hope there are some designer notes or something you can check. I suspect the 2nd batch of tattoos and hairstyles are probably correctly named.

I hope if you fix this, you change the name rather than the pattern, since you don't want to go changing everyone's current tattoos on their characters.
faedyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:04 AM   #6
saywhen

Ba Gan Jidgen, Fair Haven Guild Clerk has missing txt when asked about the barman of the city

<missing:FAIRHAVEN_CITY_WELCOMER_2_P_BC_BARMAN_1 >

She also has another guide txt missing

<missing:FAIRHAVEN_CITY_WELCOMER_2_FAIRHEAVEN_CITY _WELCOMER_2_P_AUTO_GUIDE2>
saywhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:16 AM   #7
saywhen

The Karavan preistess at Temple has missing text when you renounce. You tell her you want to renounce, she asks are you sure you click "yes" then the next bubble the text strings are missing. It seems she is asking again if your sure, then there are 2 options to choose.

<missing CONVERSATION_KARAVAN_FYROS_CONFIRM>
<missing CONVERSATION_KARAVAN_FYROS_CONFIRM_YES>
<missing CONVERSATION_KARAVAN_FYROS_CONFIRM_NO>
saywhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #8
jared96

Dyron City welcomer

Pick 'something else" twice when ya start talking to him to find 3 of those <missing Yrkanis city welcomer....etc> messages.

Yrkanis in Dyron ?
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:34 AM   #9
kiamh

the texts in the series of missions starting with 'the battle for the lagoons' from be'marrell gedden have <tribe_silt_sculptors.cc> in them.

during the series of missions 'tribal threat' given by cai-ci du it asks you to kill 3 dangerous raguss:

this should be changed to 'dangerous ragus'.

during the mission 'forest search continued' from the series of missions 'the worst of tyrants' given by girgia cisti it asks you to see NPC2. this should be changed to see trira tinelo.

the set of gloves you recieve as a reward for the jungle quests is listed as <missing:zf90_reward_armor2>. this should be changed to "li'tan-ko gloves".
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:59 PM   #10
kiamh

when choosing the ranged reward fo the mission '(the revealers) end' the waypoint is listed as <mission_ff60_emplacement_message.name> but in the text of the mission asks me to return to the spot where the revealers leave messages.