Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:06 PM   #1
5c0rp

So Development?

Not seen a post asking much of whats happening recently on the forums, have you all given up or just had enough of being ignord?

The big question is, where the hell is the new content???? Or even the old content that was coded years ago and not used (yet).

Lets start with what has happened so far....

There have been events yes, but from the looks of it the recent event is a rerun of temple wars mixed in with the old halloween event reusing old content, fair enough as alot of people have moved on and a large amount of the community wasnt here for the previous events.

So what has happened to the additional content.

Kittin Lair was in test by the CSR's along time ago, so what is happening with it, from my understanding it was close to being released.

Guild Trainers, missions and XP, what is happening with this now, again no further updates.

Spries? Was ready to be released alooooong time ago.

Tribes, There are 4 new spells available from 4 tribes, Fraiders, Gibads, Curzans etc which where awesome and where on ATS long ago along with other tribe goodies, armours, items etc. Take it nothing happening there either.

5th region..... need I go on?

Since I came back I can see that the population is as low as it has ever been, there are alot of old players just waiting for the new content to come back and resub. Without anything happening from the dev team it is clear that they wont return and others will leave to new games such as Aion.

Yes there has been API introduced, great but it isnt what the game needs to survive. Just break your silance, give us a dev plan with an eta of patches, content etc before ryzom goes down the drain (again).
5c0rp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:36 PM   #2
gavin205

Re: So Development?

I respect that Winchgate is keeping quiet, and have seen developers who are too open with their plans get crucified by the community when they make a change or push back a deadline. I get it.

At the same time some sort of a public outline of things to come, or a preview of what will be in the next patch would go a long way in revving up interest with both old players and new.

In my opinion it’s worth the risk. So come on devs, give us something we can take back to our guilds to tempt players in other games, and to take to the gaming web sites to let everyone know that Ryzom is here and developing.
gavin205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM   #3
acridiel

(whoops, double-post, sorry)
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM   #4
acridiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5c0rp
Not seen a post asking much of whats happening recently on the forums, have you all given up or just had enough of being ignord?

Hmhm, you must not have looked very thoroughly then:
http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34495

But, as much as I´d like to know "whats up and comming", I´ve accepted that all we can do is wait and see.
There´s simply no use in raising a stink about it here.
It´s done many times before, so why do you think this time´ll be different?

I´m set to wait, but that´s just me.
Other´s may of course go on and rant and curse and whatnot.
If it helps you.

CU
Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:22 PM   #5
abizmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5c0rp

Aye, that one - ignord

Abiz
abizmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:42 PM   #6
ajsuk

Gotta make our own content y'know Arcri
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:22 PM   #7
vl
Administrator

Hello 5c0rp, and all players,

We know that you all want to know what we are working on, what will be in the next patch and all questions like that.

Nevrax was known to promise lot of things to try to keep players p(l)aying the game. Today, we are still paying for all those empty promises.

The thing is that, yes, Nevrax started to work on spires, kitins' lair, new rites for the encyclopedia but they stopped the process very early and none of these things are working correctly at this time.

In 2005, before Gameforge took over, Nevrax put some new rites on ATS. But those rites were only half done, the rewards were wrong, a big mess. Shortly, they don't work. Why else would Nevrax or Gameforge not have released them? They had 2 years to do it.

If these features were ready and working properly, be sure we would have already released them a long time ago!

The holidays are now over, and now that everybody is back, we'll give you more information soon (c) (tm) ;-)
vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:27 PM   #8
meryan

Thank you vl for your response

It answers a lot of questions that I had.
meryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:36 PM   #9
killgore

Thanks for a response vl. Finally someone seems to pay attention to forums.I do find it somewhat disheartening that so many of the projects we were promised were in the pipeline were much further away from implementation then many of us thought.Many of us are hanging on by our fingernails and really could use something to keep us intrested.I hope something will be ready soon(tm).
killgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #10
kieeps66

Quote:
Originally Posted by vl
p(l)aying

hahahah
kieeps66 is offline   Reply With Quote