Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 11th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #1
dreatern

Can you give true answers about Ryzom?

This is my first post in the forum.
Before I was not allowed to post, even paying for the game...

I opened this topic to know the reality. I not intend to return to play if the game still dead.

From time to time I follow the site to see if something new has happened, but apparently nothing came. just more of the same

So I ask you active player! how's the game?
!!!Please do not answer like a fanboy, only give honest answers !!!

-The servers still dead?

-The population still low?

-The game still boring?
(I ask this because I played for years and nothing new was introduced, only the Ryzom Ring which is more of the same).

-Is there any plan to revive the game by adding new content?

-We walked alone for hours without seeing a player?
(When I stopped playing the server was totally dead and this game is only and exclusively based on group without or with few players it does not work.
Do not come saying it may be playable alone... for that there are better titles to play. I never play a mmo to be alone)

Feel free to say whatever you really think about the game.

I do not want to pay again to discover that i'm alone and my guild with more than 180 members is dead (happened last time)
dreatern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #2
murmadog

Re: Can you give true answers about Ryzom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreatern
So I ask you active player! how's the game?
sorry mate, i know only Jayce like active player here...

Quote:
-The servers still dead?
... or the forums still dead?..

Quote:
the population of mobs still growing up...

Quote:
-The game still boring?
maybe you must ask yourself?..

Quote:
nearest plans: add new webapplication "poke Jayce at forums!"

Quote:
but you can see many mobs! you a not alone!
murmadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #3
katriell

Quote:
!!!Please do not answer like a fanboy, only give honest answers !!!
Alright, I'll be honest.

Quote:
-The servers still dead?

Which server?

Quote:
-The game still boring?
(I ask this because I played for years and nothing new was introduced, only the Ryzom Ring which is more of the same).
...You are insane. That is the only explanation for this nonsensical statement.

Quote:
Players do not know Winch Gate's plans for the most part. But live storyline events are happening, a new NPC boss was just added, occupations were added, the Kitin Nest was added, etc etc. If you don't consider any of that "content"...you need some kind of medication.

Quote:
Feel free to say whatever you really think about the game.
It's a great game. Truly great. There is quite literally nothing like it among MMOs. Nothing quite like its world among single-player games, either. It has the best crafting and harvesting in the industry bar none.
There are some flaws, of course. Imperfections in the homin models, glitches in animations, a general sense of...raggedy-ness arising from little things like the odd window borders in-game and some sloppy parts of the website, etc.
Winch Gate isn't perfect. They've made a few bad decisions, like splitting the community and communication across three separate forums (in addition to the feedback site).
A week ago, Arispotle was very nearly dead by the looks of it. Freemium is its last hope. Aniro probably hasn't noticed anything wrong, as they have always been the favored children of Nevrax/Winch Gate and have always had a larger, more active, more hardcore-in-every-way community. Leanon is somewhere between.

Quote:
I do not want to pay again to discover that i'm alone and my guild with more than 180 members is dead (happened last time)
Join a different guild. Chances are, if it was dead the leadership isn't going to magically reappear and rebuild it, and the vast majority of those members are never going to come back in any case because they were trial players who have long since forgotten Ryzom exists.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #4
seawe

Quote:
Before I was not allowed to post, even paying for the game...

hmm was this for the better?
seawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #5
hemera

The servers still dead?
yes.

The population still low?
yes.

The game still boring?
yes.

Is there any plan to revive the game by adding new content?
event mobs are content!!!!!
hemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #6
dumon

Quote:
-The servers still dead?
The french server is very lively, the other servers aren't populated so much. Lots of new players seem to be waiting for more players to play. If all of these would decide to actually play the game for a while, then the population would be high enough to satisfy them

Quote:
-The game still boring?
You didn't like it that the same graphic elements of the game have been used for the Ring as well? I don't think many players critized that.

The Kitin-nest was implemented as an open raid-dungeon for high-level-player-groups in the meanwhile, Silan was overworked a bit, the new 8 occupations/jobs have been implemented for producing (self-)healing items - daily content for some of us; also new bosses, new options to furnish your room and get random furniture (by Rybambel), new user-chat-channels, more differentiated PvP, "daily" missions to get experience-crystals, focus-boosted pick-axes and other stuff for civilisation-points, more functions in your friendlist, some really fun RP-events...

It's for you to decide if this new gameplay will make you have fun everyday. Use the free trial and test the new features, I'd suggest.

Quote:
Yes there are many plans, but only the devs can decide what will actually be implemented in the game.

They long told us to be working on new encyclopedia-rites (more quests than missions) but first of all a bunch of new well rewarded missions for low-level-chars at the entrance of every city and 4 well rewarded mid-level-missions from the sages in every city have been implemented. The unfinished encylopedia-rites have not been finished yet though. The plan to raise the max-level of skills (still 250) was postponed altogether, because players didn't like it, or so it seems. The french Ryzom-community has the biggest influence on all of this because it is the largest by far. Like with the nation-PvP-feature.

Quote:
(When I stopped playing the server was totally dead and this game is only and exclusively based on group without or with few players it does not work.
Do not come saying it may be playable alone... for that there are better titles to play. I never play a mmo to be alone)
Silan is always rather deserted, so you'd better not judge from that. Depending on your time-zone you cannot meet players that are still asleep at night in their country. You might be able to meet most of the active players at events or OP-fights.

Quote:
How about asking some of the former members you knew directly? Many MMORPG-guilds will change over time, will be fused with other guilds, will be split, single members or whole member-groups will change guilds - maybe your best former guild-friends are now playing in another guild? A small guild with great buddies will always be more fun than a large guild with indifferent members and names of people you never meet ingame. At least that's what I found out throughout many years of MMORPG-experience
dumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #7
katriell

Oooh, answers from an Aniro player. There are some very interesting morsels of information and perspective...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumon
If all of these would decide to actually play the game for a while, then the population would be high enough to satisfy them
This is so true it's painful.

Quote:
new options to furnish your room and get random furniture (by Rybambel)
Who is that? *very curious*

Quote:
"daily" missions to get experience-crystals
Did I miss something? What are you referring to?

Quote:
The plan to raise the max-level of skills (still 250) was postponed altogether, because players didn't like it, or so it seems.
Whoa, when was that a plan? Arispotle never heard so much as a peep about it.

Quote:
The french Ryzom-community has the biggest influence on all of this because it is the largest by far.
Definitely.
Quote:
Like with the nation-PvP-feature.
Thank you for that.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #8
dumon

Oh, I'm sorry, I should have mentioned it: I'm from the small german-speaking community on Leanon and a female player from Vienna. Nice to meet you Our community has shrunken a lot, I'm sure there are even less german-speaking players on Leanon than english-speaking players on Arispotle.

Rybambel is a "system" that randomly lets player-chars get gifts (furniture and funny effects) from the servers Maybe it has a different name on Arispotle? You should be able to access it via the web-application for your room.

It started with Atysmas 2010 and still sends out 19 items randomly - a bit of this is described here in the Ryzom-wiki (please scroll down to the bottom to see the small items):
http://en.ryzomnomnom.com/wiki/Apartment

But Rybambel does even more: you can send your gifts to anyone else on the server from your home. Rybambel then lets you take part in "shipping" those items from NPC (appartment-vendors in front of every appartment-building on Atys) to other NPCs in any Atys-country. You will have your (char-)name put up in a ranking-list as a reward for delivering. This keeps some of us busy even though it's just for fun of course

Could it be you don't have Rybambel on Arispotle? Somehow I can't believe this since you're getting even more official events than we do on Leanon... I really have to visit Arispotle one of these days. It's also hard to guess the right terms that might be in use ingame on your servers.

These daily missions I'm referring to should be given out at 4 camps near each capital. This whole thing started with an event in called "Spring, when tents blossomed". http://atys.ryzom.com/news/43

There are 2 kinds of missions: digging up certain mission-materials in large numbers and/or delivering a package to 6 encampments all over the continent, some fully built up by an earlier event with guards and tents, some unfinished with only on NPC and ruins nearby. The delivery-mission should be renewed every 8 hours as long as I remember, the gathering-mission is an endless one (but I think it eats up more time).

You will get nation-score for doing this mission and can then trade those points for different items (including level-crystals) in the respective capital of this nation at a certain vendor, called something like "dynastic Zorai-vendor" or "federal Tryker-vendor". Since crystals are being traded regularily on Leanon not many homins are using this "service" - well, at least I love it

The plan to raise the maximum skill-level was sent out as an e-mail on Dec. 19th 2009. Sorry I only got one in German, but it wasn't just a local announcement. It said for 2010 the plans would be:

* new content
* longer events
* going above level 250
* power to players - to implicate players into the story of Ryzom

Ah, so do you enjoy nation-PvP on Arispotle? It's not really used much on Leanon. Our guilds regularily fight for Outposts rather often, but it's still roleplayed as quarrels between Kami- and Karavan-believers like it was before. Some guilds don't even enjoy PvP, most of these periodically trade OP-materials to other players favorably (for peanuts) one day a week.

The event-chain that's up right now ("Tears of the Emperor") might lead to more battles between nation though - but who knows? I hope it will be up to the players to choose
dumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #9
dianiru

Quote:
The event-chain that's up right now ("Tears of the Emperor") might lead to more battles between nation though - but who knows? I hope it will be up to the players to choose
I think this would be unlikely because on Arispotle at least, this event is around a conflict between the Fyros (who are Kamists) and the Matis (who are Karavaneers). So it's still going to flow naturally into a Kami vs Karavan conflict, with most Zoraï helping the Fyros and most Tryker helping the Matis.

To really get some nation conflict going, we'd need Matis vs Tryker or Zoraï vs Fyros events! Or even Matis + Zoraï vs Fyros + Tryker.

And we do have Rybambel on Arispotle, same as it is on Leanon, and also those daily missions. But you'd have to know they're there and/or look for them to find them, there are no big glowing banners pointing players towards them.
dianiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #10
killgore

Most on Ari would call the daily missions the Tower Building event missions. I think few are aware they still are active. Can get nice reward picks as well as cats but really not worth the effort if you have acces to the op picks. We have Rybambel and it's the same name. There was also some threads here regarding raising the level cap to 300 which met with more nays then yays. Seems Ari and Leanon are in the same boat population wise.
killgore is offline   Reply With Quote