Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:12 PM   #1
philu

Re: An observation from a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmak
Makes those "revenge kills" all the sweeter later on when you survive the first fight with something that used to chase you down and eat you...and all the sudden, you realize...hey, I can kill all these beasties now!! Grrrrr Payback suckaazz!!!

I just ignore them now. I can happily just run straight past them and let them run after me trying to bite me. I just keep right on running, ignoring the minor irritation of their attack as they barely make a dent on my HP, until they give up.

Even sweeter than revenge, treat them as an insignificance.

I did hear that in another game (a what??) the low level mobs stop trying to kill you when you're too strong. *imagines Gingos runnign away when they see me * Now THAT would be cool.

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
philu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:34 PM   #2
acridiel

Hmyeah, woul be quite funny to have that here too.
It´s interesting though to find that if the creature runs away from you, you feel urged to kill it nonetheless *eG*
DIE SU**ER *LOL*

Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:26 AM   #3
chessack

Quote:
Just to clarify the "con" system:

The background color of the little box in the target window indicates a level range.

Green = 1-30 (?)
Blue = 1-50
Yellow = 50-100
Orange = 100-150
Red = 150-200
Purple = 200-250

The number next to the star indicates a more precise range.

1* green, for example, would be level 1-10. 2* green, level 10-20. 3* green, 20-30. 3* yellow, 70-80. 2* red, 160-170.

I have to say that while I get it... I find the con system extremely confusing. I need a lookup table to figure out what the numbers and colors mean.

C
chessack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 02:09 AM   #4
katriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessack
I have to say that while I get it... I find the con system extremely confusing. I need a lookup table to figure out what the numbers and colors mean.

C
You'll end up memorizing it. It's easy once you remember that color = range of 50, number = range of 10.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #5
k3mistry

heh yeah mobs running away from u if you are much stronger is definitely interesting.

whats better is the mobs u fail to kill runs away and calls his other aggro friends along the way back onto you makes it even more fun.

lol would love to see how many people will use fear only to find themselves being mobbed by lots of monsters.
k3mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #6
meitemax

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mistry
heh yeah mobs running away from u if you are much stronger is definitely interesting.

Shadowlands in Anarchy Online have it that way. Afaik it was introduced to stop farming of items by highlevel players.
meitemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #7
mithur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mistry

It is, for sure. Is somehow annoying go for an area 100lvls lower than you dragging at your back 6 or 7 ragus/gingos (And, what's worst, dragging them by mistake in poor new players), and make every little time a stop to kill them all in two hits and continue.

I think that if they detect that you have melee or magic 60 lvls high, they can simply run or not attack. Obviously they'll not be scared by a guy with meele 50, magic 50 and forage 250, but...
mithur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #8
afnr2908

Quote:
You'll end up memorizing it. It's easy once you remember that color = range of 50, number = range of 10.

Or you could just put your cursor over the star/s and it will tell you the level of the mob, ie. 30-40

Madam
afnr2908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:24 PM   #9
zarozina

The other, obvious answer to the original poster: try teaming up with a healer. Ryzom is to a large extent about teamwork, and the earlier you start to bear that in mind when you go out hunting, the better. You'll find the ragus a lot less scary then
zarozina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #10
grahambr

Kaynos72, the best advice for a newb, and I still class myself as one, is not to approach this game as you have in the past. I think I would be right saying that is like none of the others out there.

As per the advise already given you need the right skills and armour to survive in some areas of the land outside the main towns. Also bear in mind that Atys is an evolving environment and changes continuously. Mobs you see in a particular place one day have moved or changed a few days later. Things change frequently with the seasons and time of day too. Mob AI is also much more advanced here too so the mobs can be more unpredictable.

This all combined with the beauty of the place makes it like no other MMO, so you must learn to play very differently to how you have been used to. This is what make the game so much fun and you will find plently of help from the community as a whole.

Learn to play this game over time and don't get too frustrated. I'm sure you will soon be picked up by a friendly Guild too and they will be of great help to you.

Good luck and stick with it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
grahambr is offline   Reply With Quote