Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 25th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #1
rushin

Post Wish List

well someone had to start one

1) Kill Missions
the 'bring me an item' doesnt cut it. lets say you are requested to go kill an evil boss and return with its skill/little toe/whatever. Using the item quest when the mob dies a chest can spawn, with loot inside. 's not good.

2) having dialog option to talk to player not just other npc's. this happens in live game.

3) smart tags for dialog, so they can talk to <player_name>, see <team_size>, know <player_sex> and <player_race>

4) ability for mobs/npc's to approach/home in on player

5) ability for mobs/npc's to /follow

6) scenario's to kick off when a certain number of players have entered and block more from coming with full message or similar
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #2
aardnebb

Re: Wish List

Multiple editors/game masters working on same scenario (either for collaboration or showing people stuff).

There were a few more, but they are on the future implementation list I think(earning XP cats, players able to set rewards of their own items, permenant Outlands by both players and devs etc.)

So far though it looks great!
aardnebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #3
sehracii

Working region chat in the scenario. (and /who list)
sehracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:10 AM   #4
katriell

- Change a creature's level without having to delete and replace it (losing all its associated events and triggers).

- Copy sequences/activities/events/triggers/etc from one entity to another.

- Instruct entity to:
____ follow
____ attack
____ stand facing
____ sit facing
____ run to
____ walk to
...another specific entity.

- Change season and check/uncheck manual season while inside map.

- Cancel naming of map. Currently once you click Create Location, your only option is to name it and click OK then be automatically and immediately teleported into said map.

- Exit scenario via an in-environment object, in addition to being able to ALT+F4-and-return-to-mainland.

- Fix spelling and grammar errors, like the message that is displayed when clicking Reset Editor when logging into a character that was in the editor previously: "Are your really Sure?" should be "Are you really sure?" On a related note, change the tell sent by an invite request to say "Request for invite" instead of "Ask for invite." Also, wrap the auto-tell messages in brackets just in case the players involved are roleplayers.

- Spawning and despawning items.

- Choose what kind of object the "item chest" is represented by. For example, it seems inappropriate to have a fancy decorative chest contain...firewine bottles. How about a regular crate? Or allow any object to dispense items...like fruit from a tree, or drinks from a desk, or generic supplies from a hut.

- Player able run multiple Masterless scenarios at once simply by being online; not having to be in any of them. What if someone made a bunch of scenarios purely for exploration, but people who like that sort of thing can only enjoy one at a time, and only the one the creator chooses to be in at the time?

- Option to turn off "AM's superspeed," especially while possessing an entity in a Mastered scenario.

- Simple building components like floors, walls, ceilings, ramps, stairs, etc.

- Group creatures with homins. Obviously, one shouldn't be able to group kitins with homins, but other animals would be nice.

- Mektoub packer and mount entities.

- Instruct an animal to simply wander a zone, and maybe specify the activities it is allowed to do randomly in that zone (such as sleeping and eating).

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #5
grimjim

Animals to follow patrol routes.
More set decoration (trees etc) or set decoration allowance per act.
Vonversation trees/click to continue.

On top of the above.
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #6
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
- Cancel naming of map. Currently once you click Create Location, your only option is to name it and click OK then be automatically and immediately teleported into said map.
untill they add Cancel button, you can just press ESC on your keyboard.
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #7
raynes

-100 objects and 100 entities per act/map!
-a live test area
-the ability to have players take story items out of scenario into another scenario
-the ability to have the game remember if a player did a scenario (having the ability to have a check when a person enters a scenrio that they have already done one).
-spawning and despawning of buildings
-the ability to upload a scenario where you don't have to be present.
-talking animals and kitin
-ability to edit the way a map is shown to the player (like if you block off an area, you can specify they don't see it)
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #8
archaege

- A scripting language. Don't make it required, let it be an enhancement for those who wish to use it.
- Right click and see/change more properties of objects.
- Persistence over different scenarios so you can build on previous things over previous days of play
archaege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #9
sidusar

Anything wrong with this thread?

I believe most of the things I'd wish for have been already mentioned in either that thread or this one.

What I wish for most is to get rid of all those build-in restrictions. Let me put heavy armor on a civillian, group him with a kizarak and a kami, tell the three of them to attack any psykopla on sight, and set their aggro range to 200 meter, if that's what I want.

As for that not being consistent with the real Atys, neither is a karavan spreading the word of Ma-Duk, and I could make that if I wanted to. Making sure the scenario is consistent with the lore is a task for the AM, not for the editor.

Even if they've already been mentioned, the other wishes that are on the top of my list:
- Ability to (de)spawn objects.
- Region chat and /who command.
- Ability to have a scenario running without being present in it yourself. Doesn't have to be more than one scenario at once, if you're worried about the Ring terminals getting swamped, but at least let us keep one scenario running while our character is elsewhere on Atys.
- Swirly portals, cave entrances and the like to add the suggestion there's more out there. It feels odd to be in an enclosed area with no physical way in or out.

Mostly all the suggestions mentioned thus far are good ones, and I eventually want them all, but these are the ones I'd most like to see.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #10
grimjim

Ability to take a harmless 'trophy' item OUT of The Ring to the mainland.

F'rex, we want to use one of them to do guild trials. Being able to take a 'medal' out of the ring to show a guild member that they have passed would be helpful, plus it would be nice to have little rewards for people to remember scenarios or battles.
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote