Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Technical Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 15th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #81
mehanson

Re: [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)

Problem could also be with the internet networking infrastructure between you and Nevrax. Try running pingplot against the server address (see Zerlin's post), see if it doesn't show you a problem area.
mehanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #82
mikadou

This is what it reported: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...bjunk/Ping.gif

How do I describe this information? I really don't know how to interpret it.
mikadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #83
Zerlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikadou
This is what it reported: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...bjunk/Ping.gif

How do I describe this information? I really don't know how to interpret it.

You have a lot of packet loss occurring on your PC. Make sure all other network apps are disabled. Your issue could also be firewall related. Bit Torrent type stuff can really haul down your network performance if you have a lot of connections. Try doing a powering down everything for 30 seconds. If the PL is still there after a power up then check your net cable if wired or move your system in relation to the base station if it is wireless.
Zerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #84
palatka

oh wow.......... yeah i just got the game and I like it a lot ( for the ten mins at a time I can play it )

why can't they patch this? has a game staff person even looked at this thread? I don't understand why it hasn't been fixed since its obvious that a LOT of people have been having this problem. Most people probably just quit without going through the trouble of going on the forum and finding out what is going on. Every other mmorpg I've played has never had a problem like this. Its a shame because I really like what I've played so far.
palatka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:35 PM   #85
grendle

Talking Re: [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)

I encountered a similar problem with my D-Link DI-624 router, but with much more frequent disconnects (disconnected within seconds of re-establishing a connection). I made all the changes mentioned in this thread and several more, all to no avail.

After a couple days of troubleshooting with dever and Zerlin on Klients, I finally noticed that my router had made its own set of firewall rules with a blank name to deny the ports that Ryzom uses. So, with my manual set of firewall rules to allow the ports and the routers set to deny the same ports I was getting disconnected very quickly each time. Once deleting or disabling the deny rules, I have not had a major disconnect again.

I posted this to both thank dever and Zerlin for their patience and help resolving my issues and to give others something more to check if they encounter frequent disconnects.
grendle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #86
embraced

Re: Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil

Nevrax is aware of the problem with some of the Linksys router models, and they have one we sent them that they're using to try to fix the issue. It is a high priority fix, but we don't have an estimate on how long it'll take.

Hello everyone, this post was dated the 24th of September. Have there been any updates to it? Has the problem been resolved in any way?

I recently contacted customer care and got a ticket number for this same issue. I get the 'please wait' box of doom and then nothing until I manually close the game.

I updated my firmware for my router and forwarded the ports (even though it seems to cause problems with other games that I play) and I'm still getting this issue.

Any and all help would be appreciated,

Embraced
embraced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 12:12 AM   #87
sonhouse

Just dl'd the game the other night and I'm definitely having this problem. I upgraded my firmware and setup port triggering (with no effect whatsoever). Why, after 2 1/2 years, have they not fixed this? No f***ing way am I gonna subscribe if they can't even test the game on one of the most popular routers out there.

To the programmers: Find another career!!!
sonhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 01:49 AM   #88
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonhouse
I upgraded my firmware and setup port triggering (with no effect whatsoever).
then you didnt do it correctly or you can throw your router out from window because it's broken. it does not matter that "other games" are working. it fails to work with standard udp protocol that Ryzom uses.

seriously, port tigger means that when router sees data traffic from internal port X going to external port Y, then it adds temporary port forwarding rule so that external port X is forwarded to internal IP that initiated that connection.

now, the problem may be that you put internal trigger range too small or windows allocated next free port to ryzom outside that range, so router dont do port triggering.

you may try to increase internal port trigger range and/or try Ryzom without router for a while.
also if you or someone behind that router uses program that opens lots of connections (torrent or so), then you should try to remove/disable them for testing period.

btw, noting wrong with Ryzom net code. udp packets flow constantly between you and server. if router ignores them and does not increase connection timeout (if it reaches zero, Ryzom gets disconnected), theres nothing that Ryzom can do.
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 06:45 AM   #89
sonhouse

I realize its not exactly prompt but i need to apologize for my harsh words earlier. I'm quite capable of setting up port triggering, the old firmware had an option under port-forwarding to specify udp traffic which did work.

So after downgrading to my original firmware I had a good firewall again but still couldn't play Ryzom without forwarding ports. I didn't like the idea of opening a range of ports 24/7 so I put an old switch between the dsl modem and linksys router. Whenever I want to play Ryzom I just plug the windows box into the switch and do an "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew".

This setup still has a problem though. The windows box will take the isp issued ip address the router was using so no other machines on that connection can use the internet.

Anyway I just felt I owed the programmers an apology. They've done a fine job with Ryzom, Linksys is just completely lacking when it comes to passing udp through their firewalls.
sonhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #90
kdthehun

Looks like it worked with iBall BATON also!
kdthehun is offline   Reply With Quote