Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 10th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #1
mikeinspain

questions on fame points and using TPs as a neutral

Question 1: How exactly do the missions you do for karavan or kami ambassadors relate to the fame points you get? As a newbie I've been trying to raise my karavan fame by doing missions for karavan ambassadors but only 1 or the 7-8 missions I've completed added fame points. I had been advised to concentrate on "bandit killing" mission and I have done several. One of the completed bandit missions got me 2 karavan fame points, 3 others did not.

Question 2: I actually like being neutral but decided to boost karavan fame when I found I could not buy TP tickets at the Karavan TP in the Verdant Gardens Den of Fury/Upper Bog area. But I've since seen a post saying that as a neutral I could have bought a TP ticket at the Kami Circle TP. Is that true?

thnx
mikeinspain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #2
ajsuk

Re: questions on fame points and using TPs as a neutral

2) Yes

Found this list from an old post on my guild forums, I *think* it is complete:

Matis:

majestic garden yrkanis (kami)
majestic garden yrkanis (karavan)
fleeting garden (kami)
knoll of dissent (kami) *added*
knoll of dissent (karavan) *added*
hidden source (kami) *added*
hidden source (karavan) *added*
upper bog (karavan)
heretic's hovel (kami) *added*
heretic's hovel (karavan) *added*

Zorai:

cities of intuition zora (kami)
cities of intuition zora (karavan)
haven of purity (kami)
knot of dementia (kami) *added*
knot of dementia (karavan) *added*
grove of umbra (kami) *added*
grove of umbra (karavan) *added*
maiden grove (karavan) *new*

Fyros:

imperial dunes pyr (kami)
imperial dunes pyr (karavan)
oflovak's oasis (kami)
frahar towers (kami)
sawdust mines (karavan)
the savage dunes thesos (kami)
the savage dunes thesos (karavan)
dunes of exil dyron (kami)
dunes of exil dyron (karavan)
outlaw canyon (karavan)

Tryker:

liberty lake fairhaven (kami)
liberty lake fairhaven (karavan)
resting water (kami)
winds of muse (karavan)
the fount (karavan)
enchanted isle (kami)
bounty beaches (kami) *added*
bounty beaches (karavan) *added*
dew drops (kami) *new*

Nexus (2 TP):

nexus (kami) *added*
nexus (karavan) *added*

Ignore the "*added*", they were teleports added in a patch years ago iirc.
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #3
sidusar

Question 1:
You fame doesn't actually go directly from 1 to 2. If the fame window says you have 5 fame, you might actually have 5.247 fame. You don't see the fractional numbers, but they're still there.

Completing a mission rarely gives you a full fame point, most of the time it gives half a fame point, or a quarter fame point, or 0.1 fame point, etc etc. All the missions you completed gave you fame, but only some made you 'jump' to the next full point.

As to how to raise your fame quickest: Mission that the giver "will be grateful" for give more fame than missions that pay dappers. The most fame comes from mission that say "will be very grateful" (which is often but not always bandit killing missions).
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 11:30 PM   #4
mikeinspain

Thanks for the fame explanation. So missions often award fractional points. That explains it. I'll look for missions for which the givers are very grateful. Kinda like in real life :-)

Thanks also for the list of TP sites. Should a neutral be able to buy tickets at all of these sites (excluding the ones that note "added")?
Old October 11th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #5
ajsuk

Oh, Neutrals should be able every one of them including "*added*" ones, I just meant ignore those notes as they don't mean anything anymore. Sorry for the confusion, I should of edited them out.
Jeweler
Old October 12th, 2008, 03:08 AM   #6
unkala

I've been referencing the map at http://ballisticmystix.net/?p=map, entering "teleport" in the search box. Do you have any idea how accurate that is?
unkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #7
ajsuk

Very. =)
Jeweler
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #8
mikeinspain

Do fame points affect how certain camps or tribes react to you? I am faction neutral, with 23 kara fame, and when I ran through the First Deserters Camp I was attacked. Or do they attack everyone? I had been hoping it could be a safe/protected refuge from aggro mobs, similar to Matis Border Guards.

I was on a team when I was attacked so thinking First Deserters might have been reacting to one of the other team members I went up to the camp again. There was no reaction from First Deserters but this time a Torbak attacked me right next to the camp. First Deserters did not seem to react to the Torbak either (though maybe I was too far from the camp). Do First Deserters attack aggro mobs? And do they attack you depending on your fame?
thnx
Old October 15th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #9
sidusar

Yes it does! You have a separate tribe fame with every tribe on Atys, which is shown on the third tab in your fame window. However, you don't see your fame with a tribe until you've done something to change that fame: either doing a mission for that tribe (fame increase) or killing a member of that tribe (fame decrease).

If you've not done anything to change your First Deserter fame yet, then it's invisible to you and still at the starting level, which is different for every race (and usually isn't 0).

Tribes attack you if you enter their camp and you have below -50 fame with them. They will always attack any aggro mobs entering their camp as well, so you must've just been too far. They'll only help you against non-aggro mobs if your fame with them is above a certain level. (I'm not sure what this level is, somewhere between -30 and 0.)

Your kami/kara fame does not affect how tribes react to you, BUT, if you declare kami or kara, then your fame with certain tribes will be capped at -50, and you will loose any fame above that. For example, if you declare karavan, your First Deserter fame will be capped at -50, resulting in the First Deserters attacking you if you enter their camp.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:30 PM   #10
gcaldani

sidusar, i have to correct you about first deserters.

You just need exactly -50.00 fame to stop they kos you. Sometimes you see -50 in your fame list and tribes that still attacks you: that's because the fame is not exactly -50.00 but a bit lower (ie: -50.01). Remember, decimals are not shown.
I'm sure because I had -56 with them and to stop aggro i just did some mission for them to reach -50 and now they don't attack me.

Generally -50.00 is the required fame to stop kos, regardless of the faction, in fact even being karavan i can use a lot of kami tribe camps just because i did mission for them and managed to get at least -50.00 or higher if not capped.

Some strange behaviour (ie: siblings of weeds, where some npc don't attack at camp and some other attacks, regardless of the fame) is just a bug and already ticketed to the dev team.

x mikeinspain: First Deserters and Matisian Border Guards are factioned and enemies, in fact if you do missions for Matisian Border Guards you'll lose fame with First Deserters and vice-versa. So, when you see a tribe, your first thing to do shopuld be to see the sign of the faction in the camp and then check your fame with the tribe. If the tribe is not listed, the only thing to do is the hard way: go near and be prepared to inv and run away. For some tribe, to have them listed in your fame window you need to do at least one mission for them.
gcaldani is offline   Reply With Quote