Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Guilds
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 8th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #1
whiterider

The Guild Registry of Outposts: Who, What and Where

As Riveit is now inactive, I've taken over the guild registry (until such a time as he comes back and yells at me to give his bloody thread back).

Instead of using a post as before, the new registry is on the Ryzom Wiki - the main advantage of this is that anyone can edit it without having to wait for the OP to notice that something changed. Instructions on editing the registry are on the page itself (it's easy as yubo pie!); however if you really don't feel comfortable with editing it yourself, post here and someone else will make the edit.

The Outpost Registry of Atys

...and proud Leader of Whispers of Aria!

Last edited by Sywindt : March 9th, 2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Changed URL to point to ryzomnomnom wiki
whiterider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #2
final60

Re: The Guild Registry of Outposts: Who, What and Where

this is good well done
final60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 04:25 AM   #3
xl2i5

http://ryzomnomnom.com/wiki/Outpost_Registry
xl2i5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:37 PM   #4
larwood

Is it true that we have Alt's parking on OP's (with mains in guilds that own different OP's), meanwhile newer active guilds are being refused OP ownership?

This mentality is bound to promote new player retention... good plan.
larwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:13 PM   #5
jwenting

2 outposts are being held by alts, both of them q50 outposts.
Several guilds of course own 2-3 outposts (not counting those owned by their alts maybe).

I doubt people leave because their guilds don't own outposts. Those people are more likely to flock to guilds that do own outposts instead.
jwenting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:30 PM   #6
larwood

You're probably right.

Last edited by larwood : September 4th, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
larwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #7
r1vver

thanks, it was funny
especially about the new players
memories of the political component of the ryzom's life makes me want to piss on the monitor and throw it out the window
r1vver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM   #8
kdthehun

Hi.

I would like to submit a request for an Outpost for my guild.
I would prefer atleast of q200 but would not mind Demon's Cross either.

Before you ask, Yes i have a paid account now, Yes i'm back in the game and I log in every day. Yes i'll be sharing stuff out, and won't say that "Our Drill don't Drill Cats or Our Drill don't drill OP Mats so we don't have any to share." Like i got some replys when asking for a few odd bits of OP mats and Cats of q250. [Now who would have a q250 OP and don't drill Cats?]

Anyway I would like a peacefull take over, and ofcourse with agreeable Conditions.

Please PM me in game or write to: [email protected]

Thanks.
kdthehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM   #9
dianiru

Heh, pity handovers from inactive guilds so rarely work, because
as long as the guild has members left, they'll want to keep the outpost,
as long as it has only one last member left, that member will want to keep the outpost 'for the others in case they come back',
and as soon as the last member leaves too, there's nobody left to hand over the outpost.

We could really use a mechanic that an outpost automatically goes back to un-owned if for a full week not a single member of the owning guild logs on, or somesuch.
dianiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM   #10
jwenting

Such was originally planned. Guilds would do missions/quests to attain outposts if there were fallow outposts available, then have to do more missions/quests at a regular basis in order to maintain them.
Outposts that did not receive regular maintenance would over time fall into disrepair and get taken over by wildlife or bandits, at which point they'd be returned to the pool of available outposts to be gained by guild missions.

Of course the guild mission system was never implemented, and neither was the full set of outposts (all the ruined outposts you see travelling Atys were originally intended to be available for guilds to own).

Mind none of this would have involved the current system of pvp battles over outposts, but I think it could still be given a place in the mechanics (have an outpost fall fallow if successfully attacked, as if the owning guild had failed to maintain it, with the attacking guild getting 24 hours to do the required missions to gain ownership before other guilds can do so for example).

This would not only make it easier for guilds to gain outposts that don't want to get involved in pvp, but also make it harder for guilds to retain outposts when inactive (and for any guild to own multiple outposts, especially multiple high level outposts as the missions could be designed to get progressively harder and more time consuming depending on both the level of the outpost and the number of outposts owned so that for example a guild owning 1 q150 outpost might have to spend say 2 man hours a week to keep it, when a guild owning 2 q250 outposts has to spend say 50 man hours a week to keep both of theirs).

Of course this would likely take a quite substantial coding effort, but it would I think be a better way to spend available resources than things like jumping or miniscule improvements in the textures of mobs).
jwenting is offline   Reply With Quote