Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 18th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #1
rikutatis

Ring Dialogues - need help

Hello everyone,

I was working on a Ring scenario that involves NPC dialogues. I was trying to have 2 dialogues for each NPC, the one they start with and one they'd switch to once a certain hunt quest is completed. What I did was create two dialogues, 1 and 2.

For the first dialogue I had a condition: When Hunt Quest is completed, Then dialogue 1 is deactivated.

For the second dialogue, which started with the "Active" box unchecked in Properties, I had the condition: When Hunt Quest is completed, Then dialogue 2 is activated.

However when I test it by completing the hunt quest in GM mode then switching to adventure mode and checking the dialogues, nothing changes. I don't get the mission complete broadcast either.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!
rikutatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 08:32 PM   #2
sx4rlet

Re: Ring Dialogues - need help

Been a while since I worked in the ring. So not sure if will help what I write...

I think the problem lies with the hunt quest, not with your (de)activations.

IIRC, if you make a hunt quest, you need to kill exactly the mob you selected. For example, if the hunt quest is 'kill 5 roaming yubos', you expect you just need to kill 5 of the 25 roaming yubos that are in your scenario. But that is not how the ring works.
According to the ring you need to kill the roaming yubo you selected (when you made the scenario) 5 times. So kill it, wait it to respawn, and kill it again. (and again, again and again.)
Only then the hunt quest will tell you that it is finished.

You might want to check you scenario where you just have to hunt 1 of the mobs, and you know exactly where it is, and see if the dialogues work then.
If not, post again, then I'll try to get the things called brains really working...
sx4rlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #3
rikutatis

Hi Sxarlet, thanks for the reply!

While the problem could be the hunt quest (since I'm not getting the completion broadcast msg), it can't be what you suggested. That's because the hunt quest in question that I've been testing requires the death of only one boss. And I made sure to select it carefully. Could it be that killing that boss in GM mode messes it up somehow?

I'm also having another dialogue problem. I had the special condition, 'Dialogue A starts from the beginning IF dialogue A is not running already'. However when the NPC is targetted multiple times, by different players or whatnot, the dialogue is re-emitted again. It's kind of annoying.

Speaking of Ring scenarios Sxarlet, I downloaded two of yours that have been made available through Ryzom Wiki: Blackwater Cave and Run Homin Run. I played them both. Absolutely amazing, I loved them both! =D
For Blackwater Cave other players unexpectedly found the scenario running and joined me for the fun. We all had a good time.

Any chance Joining the Shadow Hunters will be available sometime in the future as well?! *hopeful* =D
rikutatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #4
sx4rlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikutatis
While the problem could be the hunt quest (since I'm not getting the completion broadcast msg), it can't be what you suggested. That's because the hunt quest in question that I've been testing requires the death of only one boss. And I made sure to select it carefully. Could it be that killing that boss in GM mode messes it up somehow?

*thinks* yes that might be it. Not sure tho. Have you tried changing the target into yubo, and see if it works then? (As 'player')
As long as the broadcast doesnt show, the hunt quest doesnt count as solved.

Another way can be changing whole set up, and make the hunt quest from conditions up. That is what I normally did, because the pre-made-quests didnt work out how I wanted them, most of the time.

I might log in this evening, and see if I can figure it out with one of my scenario's. Not sure tho, the ring works in mysterious ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikutatis
Speaking of Ring scenarios Sxarlet, I downloaded two of yours that have been made available through Ryzom Wiki: Blackwater Cave and Run Homin Run. I played them both. Absolutely amazing, I loved them both! =D
For Blackwater Cave other players unexpectedly found the scenario running and joined me for the fun. We all had a good time.

Any chance Joining the Shadow Hunters will be available sometime in the future as well?! *hopeful* =D

Heh. Blackwater Cave was the first I made (and finished). It worked out pretty well. Run Homin Run is a solo scenario. I hope the small bug at the 3rd act isnt there any more?

I checked the wiki, to upload Shadow Hunters, but I needed to log in, so was too lazy for that. Maybe I'll try this evening.
(*grin* I found somebody used blackwater cave as an example to log in. I'm honoured. And found another wiki that has the files as well, might try that this evening then.)
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #5
sidusar

Just E-mail any Ring scenario to the adress posted here and we'll put it up for you.

The original issue has now been solved and the Ring-scenario in question, now bug free, is up for download.

For the curious, it had nothing to do with the set-up mentioned in the original post. It was that there was another condition set that the Hunt Quest was activated when the dialogue was finished; the same dialogue that was set to be de-activated when the Hunt Quest was completed.

The Ring does not like two elements both acting on eachother.

This is one of these things that can really keep a new Ring creator puzzled eternally because they don't know the problem can be in the extra condition, and they can't mention every single condition in their scenario when asking for help. The only way another Ringer can identify the problem then is by looking at the scenario directly. So if any other budding Ring creators ever run into such a problem that completely stumps them, I'd be happy to take a look at your scenario too if you can send it to me.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #6
sx4rlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidusar
For the curious, it had nothing to do with the set-up mentioned in the original post. It was that there was another condition set that the Hunt Quest was activated when the dialogue was finished; the same dialogue that was set to be de-activated when the Hunt Quest was completed.

The Ring does not like two elements both acting on eachother.

Of course I was curious! It was one of the many other options that could have been the error That's why we all love the ring, don't we...

I know I've been deleting conditions and starting over again, cause I couldnt find a little bug...