Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring > My schedules
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:39 AM   #1
sidusar

[New Scenario] Battle for the Basin

Finally got around to releasing a scenario I finished back in February: the Battle for the Basin!

What is it?
It's a fast-paced dynamic battleground of homin versus kitin centering around 5 outposts.

PvE Outposts? Like was once planned years ago?
Yup, it's designed after the concept of how outposts were originally advertised to be, that is: That homins would be able to use the outpost, but the kitin would constantly attack the outposts and if left alone would eventually take them all. Players would be able to intervene and take the outposts back, or fortify them against the kitin attacks.

This concept was never implemented, so I've made this scenario to show a taste of how it could've been like, if much faster-paced.

So you just fight kitin at outposts?
If that's all you want to do, yes, but there's some additional strategy elements to it to make it more interesting than that. The scenario features multiple side-quests to help players win control over the outposts, as well as it's own complicated resources system, as materials from the outposts can be used to outfit more soldiers or hire mercenaries.

Is it an RP scenario?
There's not much room for storytelling, but the scenario does fit perfectly into the Ryzom Lore. Ailani Basin is a subtropical region recently discovered close to Aeden Aqueous and named after governor Ailan. Now the Tryker Federation is trying to secure it, while various lakeland tribes have also moved into the region.

What level do I need to be to play it?
Engaging the kitin on your own is a challenge meant for teams, but if you use the NPCs to your advantage, then the entire scenario can be soloed. (In theory even by a level 50, though they'll need good sneaking skills.) Except for the bonus-boss-battles, which require at minimum a pair of master mages.

Ofcourse you can make it a lot harder for yourself by not using the NPCs, if you desire a challenge.

When can I play it?
The scenario is now available for download from the Ryzom Armory and the Ryzom Wiki. And as customary I'll also be hosting it as much as I can for the next week. After that feel free to request it from me whenever you feel like giving it a try.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote