No, what to do with naming? 2 3.57%
No, there are enough players on the servers. 32 57.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 8th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #1
cybergh0st

Merge the servers?

Hello everyone,

I just got back to Ryzom, but noticed no people online in my hometown and my guild is dead. So I wonder why the devs should not merge the servers.

A proposal to deal with the naming is just to tag everyone with their originating server, which could be made invisible.
There is the language barrier, but people who try to overcome that barrier will only get richer and the rest just keeps playing in their own language.

This would have several positive effects : More people online at different times, spillover between timezones ( Euro's playing with US, etc ), having 1 big sandbox where all actions have an impact on everyone playing Ryzom ( just like in EVE ). More diversity, etc.

As has been seen, the merging of several European and US servers in DAoC in to 1 big cluster had a snowball effect of attracting retired and new people above the sum of the parts, at least for a while. Ryzom has the added bonus that the game still holds true to it's vision ( sandbox style ), while DAoC's main selling point got tarnished ( RvR and realm pride ).

I think newbies will be easier kept in the game if they have at least some people to play with, it is a great game, but being alone is a big turnoff in an mmo imho.

Last edited by cybergh0st : October 8th, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
cybergh0st is offline   Reply With Quote