Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga > Roleplaying
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM   #1
rhaenaan

Return of Rhaenaan

More than 6 years have passed since that fateful day that I relinquished leadership of the “Eye of Atys” and set forth from Thesos to explore the strange and wondrous devices that were uncovered in our lands. It was shortly after leaving that I encountered the device that would send me to a disturbing and oddly compelling world of Norrath. I have many stories to tell of my adventures there, but that will wait for another time as will the story of how I have finally returned. There are more important matters at hand.

To me it seems like only a year has passed (some trick of the Karavan, no doubt), yet there have been many great changes to our lands. Kami and Karavan hostilities have grown. Friends and family have been slain in epic battles with the very guilds that were once our allies. Guilds have dissolved and others have sprung up to take their place. Matis and Tryker cousins now wish nothing more than to spill our blood upon the sands of our homeland. Many of the guilds that once kept order in the lands have scattered to the winds amongst the chaos. Even “Eye of Atys” has long since disbanded leaving a lone caretaker, Braveganzer, tending the fires in her halls.

I find myself with knowledge and skills that are out of place in this new world. Those that I left as young warriors have now grown and far surpass my own humble talents. Many have been born and even more have died in battles that weren’t even dreamt of in the world that I left. In many ways I am but a babe in this dangerous new place that I once called home.

But, be that as it may, these are the times that we of Fyros were born to. Our strength was once used to keep order and to guard our lands from the Kitin and later the Goo. Now we are tested again and find ourselves fighting our fellow homins for our own survival. While it saddens me greatly that it has come to this, I will not hesitate to defend our homelands even if it means spilling the blood of those that were once my friends.

I have relinquished my claim on EoA. She is the child of Braveganzer now and her honor and memory has lived on under BG’s care and dedication. To those who were once members, allies and friends of the guild, I call out to you. Let guild battles be forgotten and band together once again in the defense of Fyros.

Glory to Fyros! Glory to Atys!
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #2
totnkopf

Re: Return of Rhaenaan

Welcome back, my old friend. Much has changed since you left the dirt of Thesos. The karavan threat on the desert is growing ever stronger and the Fyros need their warriors of old more than ever.

OOC: It is good to see you again! If you need a helping hand getting settled back into the desert, I would be more than happy to help out.
Old July 15th, 2006, 05:40 AM   #3
pugmak

I am Baltos. I have heard tales of you and your guild from a traveler that shared time with me on the road. His name was Jhereg.
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:35 PM   #4
larwood

Welcome back Rhae!

You may not remember me, but as a refugee you and other members of the Eye of Atys welcomed me and helped me get settled in the desert. I hear that your once-husband Gandolf has returned as well. I would be pleased to fight at your side again.

I believe you knew me by another name (Barrak)
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #5
rhaenaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by larwood
Welcome back Rhae!
I hear that your once-husband Gandolf has returned as well. I would be pleased to fight at your side again.

I believe you knew me by another name (Barrak)

Barrak! Glad to see that you've survived the chaos!

Gandolf? My husband? OMG! Why are you guys always trying to marry me off? Krae, Gandolf, Doubletap, Archie, Jivalax, Musmus, Takashi .... Everytime I'm seen talking with a male, everyone assumes that I'm thier shieldmate

Gand was one of my most trusted officers, but not my hubby. (oh...and he is back...as is Musmus and Jhereg...Braveganzer and Braff never left. At this rate all of EoA will be back on within a year
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #6
kmatoy

Rhae ~Welcome Back my friend!!!
I am soooo happy you came back to fight by our side once again. We have all missed you dearly. Now... To get prepared for the big battles for the near future we must get together and get our skills to max potiential! We will be ready this time for the sneaky karavans... no more blood from our ancestors will be spilled.
*HUGS* I love your story from the past. Love, BGZ
Old August 17th, 2006, 01:56 PM   #7
philu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaenaan
At this rate all of EoA will be back on within a year

And that would be a very fine thing indeed.

Welcome back, always good to see the old ones return.

*does a happy little dance *

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:35 PM   #8
rhaenaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmatoy
*HUGS* I love your story from the past. Love, BGZ

Hugz back at'cha, hon! Everytime I see you and Braff on (which is pretty much always , it's like a warm fuzzy blanket from the past. <ahem...not very warrior-like talk...but true>

After a month, I still find myself with mixed feelings and emotions. I love my world and I am overjoyed to feel the sand between my fingers and feel the sun on my skin. However, I'm saddened by how our ranks have been decimated. There is much work to be done.

I have sworn a blood oath to serve as the Blade of Atys and strike back at her enemies in ways that she can not. I have raised a banner of crossed-swords on the sands with the blood of her enemies across it. Though my committment to Atys is firm, my resolve to form a new guild continues to waver. There is much freedom in the life of a mercenary and many established, powerful guilds to guide the young defenders. I wonder if there is any value in diluting the ranks to form "yet another guild" or if I should continue to guide newcomers to the old guard. I am too set in my ways to ever fully integrate into an existing guild. I understand, more fully, your decision to solo.

As always, my path continues to wind.

In the meantime, I continue to search for lost lore, lost friends and new allies. That, in itself, is enough to fill my days.

Glory to Atys!
Old July 19th, 2009, 02:56 AM   #9
rhaenaan

...and so she returns again with hope for the future and trepidation at what will have become of her once proud guild. <sigh>

I wonder what ghosts roam the halls of EoA and if any have kept her flames alight. I fear no creature of Atys, but I find myself trembling at the thought of a return to Fyros.
Old July 19th, 2009, 03:32 AM   #10
kalindra

Ulsort and Mellandor, mostly.

The Exodus Syndicate

"Experience Perfection : Unharness Your Power"

"Ignore the flames or grill your marshmallows on them. Then feed them to the trolls so they keep their mouth shut."