Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 11th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #1
Tidings

More from Dios

An Invitation from Senator Dios.

Greetings my fellow Homins, as I had promised at the Grand Conference in Fairhaven, before our Winter Festival time, that was held for your Guild Leaders and their Representatives, I am now calling for another conference in the Fyros lands.

I now invite all Homins to bring their problems and concerns to me about the conflicts between the opposing factions, the Kami and the Karavan. Also I encourage any Neutrals to make their position known as well.

I will then raise these issues with the Emperor and request that he conveys details of these proceedings to the rulers of the other three races that reside here on Atys.

In order to remind us all of the past, I will also open the conference by reading the New Treaty that was signed, almost literally in blood.

Just consider these things. After a war, a hero becomes merely a Homin with one leg.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds, and I am not talking about Xalis here mind you.

It's not the monuments that teach us our Atysian history. It's the ruins.

Let us have no more of that here on Atys, War does not determine who is right -- only who is left.

With this in mind I invite you all to meet at the Pyr Palace Stage this Saturday, the 13th at 8pm GMT/3pm EST on Arispotle and on Cho at Midnight GMT/7pm EST.
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #2
bgraz

Re: More from Dios

Its a shame there was a war during this, seems the aggressors on atys do not want talk of peace. I feel for the good hearted karavaneers for having this group drag their religion through the mud in the name of their own greedy agenda
Old January 15th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #3
Tidings

Re: More from Dios

Homins, here is the speech from Senator Dios:

"Welcome my friends, I am gratified to see so many of you from both the Kami, Karavan and Neutral factions here and hope we can have a calm and open discussion about our differences and where we all stand today.

We may not agree with everything the others may say here in Pyr, but we surely appreciate your attendance and participation in this free and open discussion today.

I will make mostly the same presentation I used when your guild leaders and I met in Fairhaven before our Winter Festival.

During my comments and the reading of the Treaty, I ask those of you that want to state their feelings, ideas or beliefs, or to simply comment on the current state of Hominkind to “Tell” my friend, The Scribe, your name and you will be called on in the order that he receives them.

Some comments have been made about my stance against war; some may see me as being Neutral. I am not. I am a Fyros patriot, who loves her land and all the wonders it contains.

Make no mistake, if called upon to wage war if we Fyros were unjustly attacked, I will answer that call. It is a fine line to try to maintain peace in the face of rumors and suspicions of ones fellow Homins.

I suspect that many of you may feel the same way.

It has been said before that, The statesman who yields to war fever...is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.

It is a truism that almost any Sect, Cult, or Faction will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so... As long as we can talk with Homins, as long as one can keep the swords and range weapons quiet, one has a chance.

The first casualty when Faction war comes is the truth, with this meeting I intend to try and examine all sides of the issues and maybe we will all come away from it with some small understanding of what truth is!

As I have said time and time again, we must recognize the chief characteristic of this modern era--a permanent state of what I call violent peace.

Can anything be more ridiculous than that a Homin has a right to kill me because he lives on the other side of the water, mountains or through a Portal and because his Faction has a quarrel with mine, although I have none with him?

Have you ever thought that Faction war is a madhouse and that everyone in the war is a patient? At least we're getting the kind of experience we need for the next war.

A war against the Kitin! Not ourselves is what we should be focusing our attention on.

Why do Factions kill Homins who kill Homins to show that killing Homins is wrong? When the things that deserve killing, The Kitin Menace, are seemingly left to reproduce in their hundreds and thousands to pray upon all races?
Of course Death is no threat to the suicidal.

And now let me read to you all, the words from our “New Treaty” Signed by the 4 rulers and stained with the blood of Still Wyler, who’s last act was to sign the Treaty while he lay dieing from the Goo cursed bullet of the Assissan. Who still lies mute in their cell refusing to name who hired her to commit the evil crime.

The New Treaty

We the undersigned being the chief representatives of our races gathered here together, declare that in perpetuity,

I. All Homins of whatever race or religious persuasion owe initial allegiance to their Faith. Two Faiths are recognized;

The Faith of the Kami with Ma-Duk as the Head of the Faith.
The Faith of the Karavan with Jena as the Head of the Faith.
Homin Faith accordingly comes above all else, but may not be used as an excuse to break the other tenets of this treaty.

II. Homins' secondary allegiance is owed to their Nation, determined by citizenship. Homins who have not attained citizenship owe allegiance to the Nation of their race. Four Nations are recognized;
The Fyros Nation whose head of state is the Emperor.
The Matis Nation whose head of state is the King.
The Tryker Nation whose head of state is the Governor.
The Zorai Nation whose head of state is the Grand Sage.

Homins are expected to behave with loyalty and decorum to their Nation and their head of state at all times, only turning to the higher power should there ever be a conflict of issue.

Homins must obey the laws of their Nation without question and be willing to defend their country in times of war and strife. Homins who are resident or visiting a nation that is not theirs, must obey the laws of that Nation, but are not obliged to defend that Nation unless an emergency is called.

In a state of conflict between Nations, a Homin will obey their Nations laws in territories of conflict, until the cessation of hostilities.

III. We recognize the advantage of outposts being held by Homin Guilds in this time of expansion and growth, but have decided that the secular powers will not be responsible for keeping the peace in any disputed ownership suits.
We hereby state that no ruling power will intervene in any way in any disagreement or fight relating to outpost ownership unless it should represent a major threat to National security or the stability of a Nation’s political system.

IV. When a Homin Nation is threatened by Kitin, The Head of State (or acting Head of State) can call for the aid of the other nations...When such is the case, all Homin will assist the attacked nations as if their own.
Other threats such as Goo, marauders or unforseen enemies can also be considered in this category when such significantly threatens a Homin Nation,the same criteria apply. Nations who call for aid when none is require may be found in breach of the Treaty.

V. This treaty supersedes previous treaties in regard to the above articles.
Signed this day by;

On behalf of the Tryker Nation: Wyler
On behalf of the Fyros Nation: Dexton
On behalf of the Matis Nation: Yrkanis
On behalf of the Zorai Nation: Mabreka

The time has come for each and every one of you to decide… are you the problem or are you the solution to this endless bloodshed!

Once again for those that have not yet done so, I ask those of you that want to state their feelings, ideas or beliefs, or to simply comment on the current state of Hominkind to “Tell” my friend, The Scribe, your name and you will be called on in the order that he receives them.

Please try to limit yourselves to a 5 minute or less statement, as there are many Homins that are anxious to have their voices heard.