Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Technical Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 9th, 2006, 08:45 PM   #1
sladi

Patch Download constantly freezes

Hi there. I am trying to test out the free trial to decide whether I would like to pay for the game or not, and as such am having to download the massive 200 and whatever MB patch. The problem is, it gets part way into the download and then just stops. I have to close the program and restart at, at which point it sometimes picks up where it left off, and sometimes starts over in the specific file it was downloading. For example, I have been trying to download the r2_dessert2_00508.patch file for over an hour now. It will get to some random point in the download and then just stop. This is a little frustrating. I play other online games and have never encountered this issue before, including when I download the Ryzom client (granted, I used a download manager for that). Any ideas? I am through a router, though the proper ports appear to be open. I have a cable connection. Yes, I run Norton Internet Security, but it is 2006. P4 3.2gHz system with 2 gig ram. Need anything else?

Sladi
sladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #2
Zerlin

Re: Patch Download constantly freezes

Have you tried running a pingplot to the server site to see what kind of network connection you have? An inconstant net connection will cause problems with the patch. Detaisl are in the Networking FAQ

Conversely you can download the latest installer just released a few hours ago. This version is very up to date and would require very minimal patching.

http://uk1.dl.nevrax.com/ryzom-installer_060928.exe

or

http://uk1.dl.nevrax.com/ryzom-insta...28.exe.torrent
Zerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #3
sladi

Hi Zerlin.

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually think it was me being really dumb and forgetting to disable Norton Antivirus while I was downloading the patch, as it seems to be doing fine now. Just another case of overlooking the obvious.

Sladi
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #4
sladi

Actually, I was incorrect. I disabled the antivirus program and it still stalled out on me, although it took a lot longer than before. I am going to try and download the new client instead and see if that works any better.

Sladi