Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring > Adventure designers hints and exchanges
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 7th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #1
olepi

Scenario stayed up when I crashed

I published a scenario, and a couple people had gotten in. Then my machine crashed, and rebooted. When I managed to get back on, my scenario was still operating, and even had more people in it!

Olepi
olepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #2
sx4rlet

Re: Scenario stayed up when I crashed

Yeah I had the same. I am curious if you can put a scenario online now with an alt (asuming he has enough ring points) and then log out, and log in with your main...
sx4rlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:53 PM   #3
ajsuk

Scenarios stay online aslong as somebody is in them, as far as I know exactly because of the crash possibility. That is something I was concerned about very early on in development as Ryzom/Ring is quite reasource demanding and older PC's might have trouble running it so I was glad to hear it'll keep on going aslong as its in use.
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #4
nephy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx4rlet
Yeah I had the same. I am curious if you can put a scenario online now with an alt (asuming he has enough ring points) and then log out, and log in with your main...

Well, any homin can run any scenario. You only need Knowledge of Atys to edit a scenario.

I tried what you suggest last week: I ran a scenario with one character (with auto-invite on), then returned to the character selection screen (where I was told I could only reenter the scenario that was running - I could not go directly to the mainland or editor any more with that character). I then logged in with another character and could see the scenario I had previously started and joined it. It loaded, but then, after catching a glimspe of my surroundings I was kicked back to the mainland and the scenario was no longer shown at the Ring terminal. Not really sure what is supposed to work here, but it would be nice if you could run a scenario with one alt while playing on the mainland (or in someone else's scenario) at the same time.
nephy13 is offline   Reply With Quote