Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga > Roleplaying
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 14th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #1
dlixus

The Homin Saga Literary RP-OOC Signup.

Before the Ryzom site went down I was able to read a good chunk of the lore, plus the opportunity to play in RoS, also, I found the ‘Ryzom Bible’ and read it and have a (what I think is), a good understanding of Ryzom. I thought it a good idea to start a literary Ryzom-RP for those who enjoy them. Plus, I want to flesh out my character as well as learn more about Ryzom, particularly the politics and lore, and discuss the secrets hidden to the masses. This RP will continue from present day Ryzom. As soon as we have at least two interested people I will post the initial story and open the IC thread. Anyone is welcome to join; I only request that the rules be uphold, thank you.

The Rules:

Roleplaying on a forum is different than roleplaying in-game. These are some simple rules that worked well for me in the past and I’d like for everyone to follow them.

Please use the OOC thread to sign up, to post your character’s information sheet, and to ask OOC questions regarding this RP.

Everytime you post, start your post with the name of your character and one of the following tags: [open], [closed], [character name ATTN another character]. This makes it easier to see if your character is open for interaction and who they are addressing.

Examp.

[Dlixus-open]=the character can be interacted with.
[Dlixus-closed]=the character can’t be interacted with.
[Dlixus ATTN Elias]=Dlixus is speaking to Elias, or wants Elias to respond to her actions.

When your character is speaking, separate this from the main action text by breaking it off using "quotation marks" also separate thoughts by writing them in italics. This will make it easier to read and follow the posts.

Give others a chance to respond to the posts and stay with the story. Your characters are important, but not more so than anyone else's or their storylines.

Please remember in its most basic form, roleplaying is simply acting. That is to say, the roleplayer acts in a way that they believe their character should act. Often this has little (or nothing) to do with how the out-of-character person would behave.

The most important rule is the one about not controlling anyone else's but your own character. You may have more than one character, but it's of course easier to start with just one, your main character.

Please use the following character sheet to introduce your character.

Quote:
Name: Name of your character.
Race & Sex: The race and sex of your character.
Alliance: What faction your character belongs to.
Guild: What guild your character belongs to.
City Home: Where does your character live.
Short Bio: Write a brief profile for your character which tells something of his personality and possible history. Tell others what abilities your character has master or is capable of.
Old July 14th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #2
dlixus

Re: The Homin Saga Literary RP-OOC Signup.

My Character Sheet.

Name: Dlixus
Race & Sex: Zorai Female
Alliance: Neutral
Guild: None
City Home: Witherings/Zora
Short Bio: She is the youngest of two. Having been brought up with strong Zorai values, she struggles with the desired of finding the lost Guild of Elias. There was a family member who brought shame to her family by joining the Guild of Elias. It is prohibited to mention her name. Dlixus secretly seeks the whereabouts of her cousin and others who secretly follow Elias Tryton. Dlixus loves exploring the land and always wants to learn beyond the limits. Her curiosity of the vast unknown and the desired to speak her mind often gets her into trouble and sometimes confrontations. But her quick ways and etiquette makes her charming and friendly. She is open minded as well as respectful of others views on life and individualism. She spends her time harvesting and hopes to one day become a skilled armor crafter. Magic doesn’t interest her as much as range weapons and melee, though she sees the value of defensive magic, and therefore works toward mastering these skills when ever she can. She lives with her mother (Ma’Lix), her father (Xus), and her older sister (Mei’li). Her family owns and operates a cozy tea-house (the Green Bamboo) from Hills of Serenity which has become a quick stop for refugees, explorers and entrepreneurs. It is there that she is often found telling and dissecting the myths of the land and the meanings behind them.
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:23 PM   #3
acridiel

OOC: Uhm, sorry to spoil the fun a bit. It´s generally a good idea.
But that "Ryzom Bible" is a pretty "illegal" document, it got stolen in a supposed data theft and was published against the expressed wishes of then owner Nevrax and should in my opinion in no way be revealed to players who´d want to enjoy the "Saga" without spoilers and foreknowledge of things to come, or happening in the background or the past. So, if you´d please remove any mention of it from your post and would refrain from using your knowledge in any way on these boards.

Kindest regards

Acridiel
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #4
katriell

Please enable your PMs, dlixus.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #5
dlixus

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridiel
OOC: Uhm, sorry to spoil the fun a bit. It´s generally a good idea.
But that "Ryzom Bible" is a pretty "illegal" document, it got stolen in a supposed data theft and was published against the expressed wishes of then owner Nevrax and should in my opinion in no way be revealed to players who´d want to enjoy the "Saga" without spoilers and foreknowledge of things to come, or happening in the background or the past. So, if you´d please remove any mention of it from your post and would refrain from using your knowledge in any way on these boards.

Kindest regards

Acridiel

I don’t have any intentions on spoiling anyone’s game. The idea is to discuss the myths and what players know about Ryzom through roleplay. Foreknowledge of things to come is speculations. Things happening in the background or the past are myths. Your point is well taken and will be respected. However, I will not edit my post. I think your response sums up how some players feel about the “Ryzom Bible” and it will be pointed to as a reference to those who want to join this RP that hasn’t started. Thank you kindly for the heads up.

@Katriel PM is enable.
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #6
cushing

Location: Somewhere between Jena's smile and the Dragon's fire

As I am amongst those who wiped the "Bible" as soon as it appeared in my message box without having a look at it I think I rather stay out of this ... The danger that something leaks through is too great (intented or not), and I don't want to spoil anything for me.

Salazar Caradini

Seraph der Argo Navis
Kurator der Atys Artisans United

--------------------------------------------------------

May Jena Smile And The Karavan Have Mercy!

--------------------------------------------------------