Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga > Through a Homin’s Eyes
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #1
japamala

Photo Album of a Wandering Photographer.

My Name is Maya Danava.

I am a Zorai by race, and a photographer by hobby.

I started out as a refugee in a camp near what remained of Silan, merely trying to get by... but not really doing much other than that.

I would have continued like this, had I not gotten a letter from an old friend of mine, that had left some years before. I had a picture enclosed in it, which I have put into this journal. The letter reads:

Quote:
Dear Maya,

sorry I didn't write to ya sooner, but a lot ha' been going on.
After much trainin', I finally made me ready to port over ta the mainland, and boy is it sweet!
At first it wa a little confusin, but I made my way around, but then I met this reeally great guild! They were really nice to me, an' they showed me aroun', an' all kinds of other stuff to get me on ma feet.

I told them about you, an' they said to invite ya over, so come on!

Just come over to Fairhaven an' ask around for "Guardians of Jena", they'll suit you up nice and good.

I'll look forward to seeing ya here in Fairhaven soon!

Your Friend,

Japa

P.S. Here's a picture of me in fairhaven

I was encouraged by this letter to prove myself worthy of leaving the refugee camp, and after many months of training, I finally was.

I talked to the Kami representative in the camp, and he gladly agreed to send me over to the mainland.

However, once I got there, I ran into one problem....

I was in Zora, and I had no idea how to get to Fairhaven.
Old February 28th, 2007, 12:18 AM   #2
japamala

Re: Photo Album of a Wandering Photographer.

After hiking through the jungles, bring guided by a very rough map, and against all the recommendations of other homins, I made it to the cave that they said led to the underground passage that would bring me to the lakelands.

(Note: as I was too pre-occupied avoiding kitin that day, I was unable to take any photographs. This was taken far later, in the winter)

Hesitantly, I ventured down in the cave, and this is the sight that met my eyes:

The Prime Roots.

Armed with the knowledge that anything in here could have me as a side dish, I moved on....

and sure enough:

and..

However, eventually, I learned that one can find relative safety in some of the trees:

but sure enough, as soon as I left them, then...

and so... a wiser man, but not any closer to getting to Fairhaven, I returned to Zora, and continued searching for somebody to assist me in my travels.
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:21 AM   #3
pietje

Hahaha, nice close up on the Varinx jaws. If you need a guide to PR DP, give me a tell. If you need a guide to get you through PR you might be better of with someone else
Old March 1st, 2007, 02:19 AM   #4
japamala

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietje
Hahaha, nice close up on the Varinx jaws. If you need a guide to PR DP, give me a tell. If you need a guide to get you through PR you might be better of with someone else
((This is all actually happened quite a while ago, and I have since gotten through quite safely. Thanks for tha offer, tho))

((EDIT: Just noticed your Orp I don't think I'll need another trek soon))
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:54 AM   #5
beaut666

(( Beautiful stuff Maya! Keep it up!))
Beau

Beau (Arispotle Server)
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #6
arfindel

edited by me

Last edited by arfindel : March 6th, 2007 at 11:08 AM.