Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Technical Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 28th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #1
azuri

trouble at character creation screen

I can log in and get to the character creation and and modify my character as I want it. As soon as I hit "Finish" it asked me for the name of my character. I type in a name and hit submit and I hear this clanging sound and nothing happens. I know it's not because the name is taken because I have tried every name possible. It just wont let me name the character and continue on into the game.

Also...although I have the setting on Fullscreen mode, it still stays in windowed mode.

please someone help
azuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #2
akicks

Re: trouble at character creation screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuri
Also...although I have the setting on Fullscreen mode, it still stays in windowed mode.

please someone help

It stays windowed until you play the game (ie, select your toon)
Old May 28th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #3
vinnyq

After you created your character it should take you back to the selection screen where you can select the created character from a slot. Once you selected the character and click "Play" on the bottom right, it should take you to the Refugee island. Did you get this?

If it's a problem with the window being cut off (resolution too big or small), you will need to tell your client to use either 'OpenGL' or 'Direct3d' and not auto detect.

For only if your character selection screen is being cut off
To fix this, run the ryzom_configuration_rd.exe file in the ryzom directory, and then "Display". Under "Driver", instead of "Auto", select either "OpenGL" or "Direct3d". You'll have to try to see which one works for you.
vinnyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2005, 08:05 AM   #4
Zerlin

This is a firewall or networking issue. You are not able to get through to the character database.
Please add the outgoing ports to your firewall or router as listed in our Firewall and Networking FAQ
Zerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #5
darkexorcist

i am using mac and i have the same problem.... i don't think it has anything to do with ports because my firewall is off......please help!
darkexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote