Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Technical Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 18th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #1
kenjamon

No sound -.-

More problems grr

I dont have sound and wen its enabled and wen i disable and try to enable the game has a aerror and crashes and needs to quit grr !!! why is it that i get all the f*ck ups.

Sound was fine until i updated the game.

Last edited by kenjamon : April 18th, 2007 at 11:29 PM.
kenjamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 07:28 PM   #2
oliverh72

Re: No sound -.-

I've had this problem happen to me a few times. The best way to fix it - or at least work around it - is this:

Start Ryzom. Click on 'Game Configuration'. Go to the audio panel and make sure your audio is enabled there. Click OK.

Start Ryzom again. When the auto-patcher starts up, click the main Ryzom window, bringing it to focus, with the patcher in the background. Ryzom will start once the patcher closes and your sound should begin immediately. I've found that if I don't bring the Ryzom window to the top (focused), I will sometimes not have any sound ingame - and you're right, enabling/disabling your sound ingame to try to force it to start WILL cause it to crash every time. Let me know if this helps.

Oliver
oliverh72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #3
icepulse

I had this same problem today after I downloaded and updated the game; Oliver's workaround fixed it for me. Just bumping this in case anyone else is having problems.
icepulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #4
thlau

You may have to edit the soundsettings from outside the game. I remember that turning it of, and on again, always crashes the game, as it tries to reinstall the the game sound routines again, that are still there.
Old May 18th, 2007, 11:45 AM   #5
akicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverh72
Start Ryzom again. When the auto-patcher starts up, click the main Ryzom window, bringing it to focus, with the patcher in the background. Ryzom will start once the patcher closes and your sound should begin immediately.

If the ryzom patcher is causing you issues there is a way of turning it off.
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #6
wanwo07

Been having the same problem. Thanks for the workaround. It works.
wanwo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:38 AM   #7
zengrath

Wow of all the kind of things i seen in my life... I never seen this type of problem fixed just by changing focus of the windows.

I been having problems with no sound with most the time i launched Ryzom.

I tried the workaround by changing focus to the game window when downloader came up and i have sound!!!!

Thanks for the workaround, amazing someone discovered that..

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy card with driver version 5.12.1.608

if that helps the devs fix the problem, windows xp pro.. latest directx, 1.5GB ram, 3000+ AMD Athlon 64

Thanks.

Thanks
zengrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:58 AM   #8
jared96

I too been having the same problem about 1 out of every 10 boots since the new downloader thingie was added. Today tried 3 logs in a row w/o success and yes, me too, touching the sound options in GameConfig window crashes the game. This also didn't used to happen.

Also been having reptach issues where game wants to repatch itself on occasion for few days in a row....hasn't happened in about 9 days tho. But I keep hearing (via ticket answers) that there's no problem with the downloader thingie. The forum, my guildies and friends list are saying otherwise.

Just tried adjusting the setting on the downlaoder and putting it at "low priority" thinking that may force it to run as a background app.

Last edited by jared96 : May 27th, 2007 at 08:04 PM.
jared96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:14 AM   #9
zengrath

Still same issues. I've checked driver updates and everything. Every single time i select the main window when patcher comes up, I have sound just fine.. Problem is i forget a lot.. and everytime i forget.. i have no sound.

There is always people asking why they have no sound in Uni.. At least twice a day.. It is an issue, but most people say.. defrag... relog.. reboot your computer.. all this junk, when every one of those people who say those things fix their sound never tried clicking on the main window when patcher comes up.

So i definetly think this is an issue with the way the patcher steals the focus from the game, and somehow causes the game to incorectly send the sound to the wrong window somehow.

I hope they put this into a higher priority in things to fix.

Can everyone please post their system specs so maybe we can figure out what it is if it's not the game code? I serously doubt it's my drivers or my sound card or anything like that becuase in the 4+ years of using my custom build PC and knowing a lot about pc tech and such, I have never experienced this in any other game before and seriously doubt it's my fault, Expecially when there are many other players with the same problem.

But just in case.. please post your system specs both people who have never experienced this problem and use the patcher. And those who fix it by clicking the main window when the patcher comes up..

Thanks..
zengrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:14 AM   #10
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengrath
I hope they put this into a higher priority in things to fix.
http://forums.ryzom.com/forum/showth...779#post393779
do that fixes sound issues for you ? (was also suggested before, but everyone likes to "click main window" it seems)
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote