Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 11th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #1
cycocis

Hello - and some questions

First off let me say hello, and how amazing this game appears to be. I can't believe I've waited so long to try it out. Additionally, I'd like to thank those that I bothered last night in game with dumb questions

So my big question now comes down to race. If I understand correctly, there are really no differences between the races other than how their equipment looks and their areas. One person commented that the Tryker area could be a bit much for someone new as it takes a bit to get around. With that said, I made a Matis. I guess my big question comes down to area population. While I'm still rather young as a character, I would like to make sure that when I move over to the mainland (yes subscribed today), the area has some population.

Are any of the different race cities better populated?

I can tell I have so much to learn. This game seems so complex, but rewarding and fun.

Thanks in advance for dealing with my noobness
cycocis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #2
ajsuk

Re: Hello - and some questions

Hey & welcome!

I'd say the capital cities of Fairhaven(Tryker/Lakes) and Yrkanis(Matis/Forest) come top with the highest population and are about even. Followed by Pyr(Fyros/Desert) and then, Zora(Zorai/Jungle).

One other key difference between the races is starting fame. Depending on who you wish to follow (Karavan, Kami or neither) this may be a consideration. However, it's posible to get fame how you want it no matter which race you pick so don't worry. It may just mean a little extra work for a bit. =)
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #3
twina

Wink Re: Hello - and some questions

heya there - welcome to Atys.

I am very new also - but getting to know my way around. If you pick Matis or Fyros - give me a shout in game and I´ll show you what I know (which is very little - which saves confusion ).
twina is offline   Reply With Quote