Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Technical Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #1
ladyfae

NO keyboard response in game. Edited last post(6-28-07)

Ive just downloaded and installed and run the big patcher thing yesterday. THe first time I played the game yesterday everything was fine. A little laggy here and there but thats normal in online games(Ive played them before). Keyboard and mouse were working fine. I was able to kill things move around everything.

I shut down my game when I went out. Later that night I went to play it again. After logging in with my pass and loading the game to the game screen, my keyboard seemed not to work. Nothing responded to any keyboard inputs. No movement no letter keys nothing. As if my keyboard did not exist. After a few minutes of clicking around, my mouse cursor disappeared too. Nothing got it back. I would be sitting there watching the back of my character just looking around.

I was forced to hard shut it down via the task manager. So I restarted the game again. This time I was able to kill a few thing with my mouse before it up and disappeared. Keyboard still did not work.

I tried this a few more times with the same results. Im clueless as to why this happened. THe first time I played the game(for over an hour too) everything worked good. Only upon a relaunch did I start having these problems.

Additionally now once I alt-tab to bring up my browser it seems to make the game not respond. I cant get the game to come back up when I click it in the task bar. Again as before the first time I ran and played the game I was able to alt-tab quite a few times without any problems at all.

Ive made sure my Avast was off and stuff like that. Only firewall that may be on is the standard one that is with windows etc.. But Ive never had problems with it before.

Info that may be helpful:

Windows XP
Graphic card - Nvidia GEForce FX 5200 Ultra (Driver version 7.1.8.4)
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1300 MHz
512MB RAM
Running on DSL (Westell Dual Connect Modem)
Direct X 9+ (not exactly sure which version but I keep it current)

Its probably not the most ideal specs but Ive run games and online games on here too.

Last edited by ladyfae : June 28th, 2007 at 06:14 PM.
ladyfae is offline   Reply With Quote