Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM   #1
teylini

My account

A few weeks ago when The Announcement was made, I made sure to go into my account and "unsubscribe". Since the game was pretty much unplayable, I thought it was the right thing to do. I was just going to play until my payment ran out. Now things seem to be looking up a little and the game is playable again.

At this point, we obviously can't re-subscribe (I tried), so I am wondering what will happen when the end date for my current subscription arrives (December 19th). I know the game is currently in Free-Play mode, does anyone know if our paid subscription time is being consumed during this time? When subscriptions run out, do the player's characters go in stasis until payment is made?

All I want to do is play, and right now I can I don't care if the Free Period is eating my payment. I just don't want to lose my character on December 19th, 2007 and I would make payment TODAY to prevent that from happening.
teylini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM   #2
eriu3

Re: My account

paid accounts arn't deleted if a person unsubs, it is guarenteed to remain on the servers for a period of atleast 6 months, but in reality there has never been a clearout of payed accounts, just trial ones. ie, people who played 2 and a half years ago can still come back and find thier characters remain.

Alot of people are in the same boat as you, subs will slowly run out, but no payments can be taken at this time
eriu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM   #3
philu

Under the old system (when Nevrax/GF France ran the show) characters were never deleted even when you unsubscribed. I know of a lot of people who have left the game and unsubscribed then come back months, or years, later to find their characters still there waiting.

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
philu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:29 PM   #4
teylini

That is good news
teylini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM   #5
boroshi
Community Manager

The only characters that have been deleted "automatically" by the system were when the NA Windermeer server was merged into the EE Arispotle server. Nevrax and GFF both guaranteed characters for 6 months after unsubscription, but in reality characters stayed indefinately.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:22 PM   #6
dnycran

The opposite case is more questionable.

After some users had been reporting that their had been charged again (and postulated someone had bought the service), I went to my account page to cancel my subscription.
I did this in particular because the game is unplayable and I am not paying for a service that does not exist, and also I like to know who I do business with. I don't like surprises like this.

As you know, if you try to unsubscribe, you are only redirected to a page that says "No subscriptions possible". Thus, you are effectively unable to unsubscribe.

I hence wrote to Bibit (the company managing the subscriptions), describing the situation, and asking them to update their records, as I want my subscription cancelled until further notice, and I explicitely do not wish my credit card to be charged until I file in a new subscription.

Four days later, I received a letter from the Royal Bank of Scotland (the bank behind Bibit) which basically said: "Sorry, we are doing so many transactions with so many clients, we cannot take care of everybody, so if your card is charged, arrange the issue with the merchant".

In other words: "We'll charge your card when we want it, we don't give a sh&% about what you say, and now shut up and f@%& off!"
dnycran is offline   Reply With Quote