Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 11th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #1
mehlo

New player looking for a group

Well, the title really says it all. I'm new, and with games that have been going this long things tend to get out of hand for new people. I'm not saying i know that's the case in this game, but i do understand that it's likely, so i want to try and find a group while the game is still downloading. Now, by group i mean guild, clan, or whatever the terminology be. And of course, would like someone to consult with me about a few things before i create my character. So, please get in touch if anyone is interested.
mehlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #2
raisrev1

Re: New player looking for a group

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehlo
Well, the title really says it all. I'm new, and with games that have been going this long things tend to get out of hand for new people. I'm not saying i know that's the case in this game, but i do understand that it's likely, so i want to try and find a group while the game is still downloading. Now, by group i mean guild, clan, or whatever the terminology be. And of course, would like someone to consult with me about a few things before i create my character. So, please get in touch if anyone is interested.

Terminology would be Guild. The best advice any of us can give ya is to review the Guild forum for list of most of the Guilds in Ryzom. The list is a little out of date but still a good place to start. It would also be a good idea to get to know the various guilds and people in game before deciding on one. As far as the character creation go, the only thing you should be worried about is the look of your character. The game is Skill based, not Class based. I am willing to help you with your questions, so ask away.
raisrev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #3
whiterider

Re: New player looking for a group

At the bottom of the guild list thread is a link to the wiki guild registry, which is more up to date.

You don't need a guild yet. When you first log in, you'll arrive on Silan, the tutorial island - all the gear and teaching you need will be there, and if you have questions to ask, you can use universe chat. If you need help with something, use region chat.
I suggest you don't join a guild on Silan. There are those guilds which will recruit on Silan... but to join a guild before you know its members, know the community at large, or even know the game probably means you won't join the guild which is best suited for you. And a guild has such a huge impact on your game experience, that joining the wrong one can drive a newbie away from Ryzom altogether. So take your time - you'll find people are always willing to help you whether you're in their guild or not.

...and proud Leader of Whispers of Aria!
whiterider is offline   Reply With Quote