Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 26th, 2008, 06:14 PM   #1
sidusar

Capryni Delivery (another Christmas Ring Scenario)

Capryni Delivery (another Christmas Ring Scenario)

Since our new overlords have surprised us with a Christmas event, and one of my colleague Ringers has already made a Christmas Ring scenario (go play that too btw!), I hardly need to fill any gaps. Still my own Christmas scenario was almost ready already, so hopefully you can still have some fun with it. To those of you already sick of all the Christmas stuff, I apologise.

Background
In the treacherous Northern Pass, the few homins settlements can only survive because of the supplies that are graciously gifted to them by the famous Zoraï philanthropist, Zhanta Clao. Recently however, a nearby patch of psykopla has grown so powerful they've managed to control the minds of Zhanta's magical packers. With his packers now devoted to the psykopla, Zhanta has been unable to deliver his gifts any longer, and the settlements threaten to starve.

There are two ways to help Zhanta and complete the scenario:
  • Solo challenge
    Deliver Zhanta's packages to the outlying settlements. Talk to the Supplier to receive 3 packages, then hand one over to the appropriate homin in each settlement. When you do this, a chest will spawn nearby with the wishlist from that settlement, don't forget to take these! Once you have all three wishlists, hand them over to the Overseer back in the starting town to complete the scenario.

Just as last time, a level 1 player can complete this scenario, but it will take patience and a bunch of deaths. The ways to the settlements are, ofcourse, full of nasty predators and kitin, and you'll have to sneak past them. A level 250 player will definitely have a much easier time with this, but even they will die if they're not careful.

• Team challenge
    Fight the psykopla colony and free Zhanta's packers, so they can deliver the packages to the settlements. The psykopla will not release the packers easily though, you will have to fight many waves of creatures they've brainwashed into protecting them. Once you've beaten them, they'll drop a chest of psykopla moss that you can hand in to the Overseer to complete the scenario.

You don't need a full team of 9 level 250 players to beat this boss challenge, but you will definitely need multiple 200+ players. (I think at least 5 or 6, but it's hard to tell exactly.) Again, a stronger team will ofcourse have an easier time, a smaller team may have to die a few times.

Additional stuff:
Times: The scenario will be up for the rest of today, then I will unfortunally be gone during the weekend, and it'll be up again for the entirety of next week until January 4th.
Prizes: Again, any player who can shown they've completed the scenario wins a million dapper and 2 stacks of q200 cats and 50 q200 sap crystals.
Death: Yes, you'll die. No, there is no death penalty and dieing does not wear out your gear.

For Icky Techie FAQ stuff, just read Sweetmarie's over here. All applies to my scenario too, except mine's called "Capryni Delivery".

Locations: For your convenience, here is the map of the Northern Pass with the important sites marked. (Yes, your map works in the Ring.)

I hope you'll all have fun, enjoy the scenery, and not forget to die a few times.