Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 7th, 2009, 02:43 AM   #1
dazedwon

Make trade markets universal

Can't understand why this cant be done quite easily. Is mat banking an issue? I think it would encourage low/mid level crafting and community while helping new players and solo acts.
dazedwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #2
whiterider

Re: Make trade markets universal

It's not very realistic, though. To be properly realistic, only the one merchant would have whatever. I like to think of it like bookstores - they sell you the last copy adn then borrow some from the Waterstones down the street. Not the Waterstones in Madagascar, though

...and proud Leader of Whispers of Aria!
whiterider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:02 PM   #3
katriell

Non-universal markets is indeed good for immersion and roleplay.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #4
dazedwon

I am not suggesting for realism, I am suggesting to aid in keeping new players. It is a simple fix and I am sorry but this is a fantasy MMO so I think we can suspend disbelief for the greater good of the game (i.e. seed speak). This game can't keep new players, right?. Wanna know what annoyed me and others out of a game subscription last time as a new player? I couldn't find stuff on the vendors (Q100 HP jewels). New players who don't want or know about handouts are leaving because of this but I am new to game (again) and have nothing to lose. I just felt like the more experienced Atysians had more to lose.
Old January 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM   #5
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedwon
I couldn't find stuff on the vendors (Q100 HP jewels).
this has nothing to do with npc vendor lvl cap.

it's the '7 day and it's gone' mechanics that keeps vendors empty. item should stay on npc indefinitely, but after 7 days (for example) gets hidden. user can then either resell, delete or retrieve the item. of-course only time npc charges player (% from final price for example), is the first time item goes to sale (resell/delete/retrieve would be free so crafters would actually keep the items visible on npc)
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:13 PM   #6
thlau

I quite understand how the wish is born, to have only one economy, so that might help finding stuff on the traders, but it would require a complete redesign of the underlying trade concept.

I hope I don't spoil anything when I point out that to purchase higher quality level items, you have to check in the appropriate cities, as the capital cities only offer items up to quality level 100. So you may say now, "So what". This fact has some implication on the cult factions, that are not obvious on the first look. While it is quite easy for a Kami follower to teleport to Dyron or Min-Cho to check the local markets in the desert and jungle regions, he has to expect some traveling time to reach Avendale or Natae to check the local markets of the lakelands or the forest region.
If you join all market places, this annoyance is removed from the kami and karavan cult allegience, since a Kami can just teleport to his preferred city, to check all market places.

In my opinion we would loose a lot of immersion, and the journey to a different continents loose some of its attractiveness when I can purchase everything in that part of the mainland I reached first after leaving Silan.

I would prefer a revert to the old itemization of the traders, with different quality grade items, like Basic, Fine and Choice, like it was in the past. Not just the Basic quality grade NPC stuff that is now the source of the NPCs merchent income.

--
Edit: corrected item quality level availability in capital cities. Thank you Kil.

Last edited by thlau : January 9th, 2009 at 04:58 PM.
thlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #7
killgore

Small correction. Capital cites sell up to Q100 goods.There are merchants in each that are to Q50 and to Q100.-Kil
killgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #8
whiterider

If you want to know why there's never any real gear on any merchants, regardless of continent... I ain't typing it out again

...and proud Leader of Whispers of Aria!
whiterider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #9
dazedwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaah
it's the '7 day and it's gone' mechanics that keeps vendors empty. item should stay on npc indefinitely, but after 7 days (for example) gets hidden.

Agreed this should also be modified
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #10
dazedwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlau
If you join all market places, this ANNOYANCE is removed from the kami and karavan cult allegience, since a Kami can just teleport to his preferred city, to check all market places.

In my opinion we would loose a lot of immersion, and the journey to a different continents loose some of its attractiveness when I can purchase everything in that part of the mainland I reached first after leaving Silan.

Annoyance is exactly my point :P

I do understand what you mean with the immersion but I would rather it be by my choice to explore than be forced to run around to find simple gear.