Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:36 AM   #1
special1kase

Newbie Top 5 wants

Many people, like me, that joined since August, when the game became free have seen the greatness of Ryzom, and have found the thing that they would like to see. Sadly, these people cannot post in the main forums. So I decided to start the "Top 5 wants " thread here, so newer characters can let the devs know what they want to see.

Here are my top 5 want:

1. An area like Nexus for the other races. The game encourages you to be Matis, or at least a forest digger, because you can only dig supremes above ground in the forest. Make an area like this for the desert, lakelands and jungle, that way all of the races could have supremes. Make it hard to get to, like Nexus, but make it available. I hate the fact that, once I master desert, I have to be an expert PR digger to make a q200 supreme burning sword.

2. Open up the canopy. Many people have commented on the fact that they would love to go up there, even newbies (like me) before even knowing that there were once plans in work to make it available. The canopy can be much like PR, universal mats that can be used for any race. But, maybe make a 5th racial plan, that only canopy mats can be used for. You can make getting this plan (or plans) rite missions, so that you cannot just use spare craft points on it. Also, you can make more generic plans available here, kinda like the plans that are rites right now, they can use any mat, from any region. I know there are some people who would love to be able to re-create the refugee gear that you start with on silan. Make these plans available

3. Expand the inventory availability. I know many people end out creating alts for the sole purpose of buying another apartment, or creating a false guild, just for the storage space. Allow us to either (A) buy more apartments, maybe a max of one per capital city, or (B) be able to purchase extra storage for our apartments. You can make this as expensive as you like, maybe 1million dappers for an extra 1500 bulk. Going by that formula, you can charge 1 million for the extra bulk, and make it 75% of the prior purchase (1500, then 1125, then 850, and so on). Making it cost 1 million each time, but giving less and less will eventually make people stop. But at least we will have a chance to expand. The other option would be for us to be able to expand our packers inventory in a similar manner, either increasing the bulk, or letting us buy more in other cities.

4. More titles, and make them more creative. I am a digger, primarily, and it is sad that my titles I can look forward to are ***** desert digger (insert master, expert, advanced here) Give us some thing more to look forward to. Maybe a title for mastering all lands, like "Master of the Pick" or "Dirty Knee's" anything! If I master all, or two lands, or something, I want people to know! Same goes with crafting. If I master all 2 handed weapons, give me "Heavy Blacksmith" for all one handed weapons, we can have just "blacksmith". Even armor crafters, if you master all light armor crafting, you have the same title as when you mastered vest LA. Give something new! I think "seamstress" or "tailor" would work. It takes a long time to get all these masters, give us a title with it. And expand it further. All armor crafting (LA, MA, HA, and shields) "High Armor Crafter". The same can go with Fighting, and magic. Master all branches of melee fight "High Protector". The list can go on and on. Like I said, I dig, but most of the time I end out using my Cleaver title, rather than my expert desert forager or expert heavy melee weaponsmith titles, cause it sounds cooler, even though it was a lot easier to get.

5. Let us hire helpers. This idea was brought up already, and I think it was great. Allow people tto hire an assistant, at a certain fee, to help them in area's. There can be stipulations on these helpers too. For example, make the helper 50 levels lower than you are for whatever you are hiring them for (if I want a healer, and I am level 125 heal, they would be level 75) They would not be allowed at OP or PVP battles (FvF, GvG, ect.) For digging helpers, they only can go dig for you in an area that you have brought them to, and the mats can only be used for crafting, not for selling or trading (so that people will not overflood the market with the mats, or newbies won't just cling onto a master for free mats, and get many levels in craft without ever going to dig.) These helpers cannot be used to craft for you, because that is something that would be way too complicated to incorporate, and it is pretty easy to do, and most people wouldn't want to spend the money to have someone else craft, which is pretty easy to do. But, if you have brought a helper to a dig spot, they will dig at the same speed as you did at that spot, so, if the area is covered in agg, and you spent most of an hour waiting, and only got 50 mats, then they will only get 50 mats per hour. Seeing that you must pay them hourly, or by a timed basis, this would discourage people from sending one out, just for the mats. Also, make it so the helpers cannot dig supreme or excellant mats, cause most people would hire these helpers just to dig those rare, hard to get to mats, and would deplete these sources far too quickly. As an encouragement to make multiple masteries, increase the helpers level by 10 for every mastery beyond the first in the area you are using them for. So, instead of having a helper at level 200 (or being able to dig q200) if you are master at desert dig. You can now have a q210 helper digging for you in the desert if you have mastered desert and PR. 220 if you have 3 dig masteries, 230 for 4 and 240 for 5. This will encourage people to master more than one land, and, at the point of having 5 dig masters, they really shouldn't have to dig for those mats, they have done plenty of digging at that point. Obviously, the 250q must be dug by the peson themselves.

Well, thats what I have. To be honest, I have at least a dozen more ideas I have come up with, I just can't remember any of them right now. I will post them as I remember. Sorry for being a bit long-winded, but I feel the need to be specific as possible, so that maybe these ideas will be implemented. Feel free to critique, and add you own ideas.
special1kase is offline   Reply With Quote