Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 8th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #1
tigrus

Hey Hey, gotta love disagreements.

Yepp, The king of the world is back.
Now, before I get to my point, I just want to point out that even though I havent played in a while, and wont for a little bit either due to me still moving in to my new penthouse, I am still better then you, dont care about what you think of me, and in all reality dont have to consider you as my equal. Because hey, who equals a god anyway?

Now, A short update. Im mostly done with gaming, il be coming back to do a few things, but in between business and workout and girlfriend... my time's already a bit strung out, however, il be logging in when i got the furniture in, and come back from the cruise in the caribians our company is going too afterwards. So expect a good verbal beating and alot of physical humiliation when the rusty player comes back and whips your butt...

Now, regarding your ingame rules Boroshi, I gotta admit that I like most of them. While I disagree with some of them, they make sense and are somewhat reasonable.

But in the interest of logic, (something alot of ryzom players are very uncomfortable with) lets take a look at these 2:
  1. "Repeated Fake Declarations" - Declaring repeatedly on the same OP, or a group of similarly owned OPs, and then not attending a significant number of the battles with sufficient players to provide you with a significant chance of success* in reaching the threshold if no defending players had attended is specifically prohibited as harrassment.
  2. "Multiple Declarations" - Declaring on multiple OPs at the same time, or on the same day, and then not attending at least one of the battles with sufficient players to provide you with a significant chance of success* in reaching the threshold if no defending players had attended is specifically prohibited as harrassment.

3. *) The decision whether or not there was a "significant chance of success" lies solely with the CSR team.
Now, number 1:
Using tactic in a video game is to most people hard to comprehend, but some of us like to play other games then hello kitty online, and world of mansluts, so this rule is pure bull-shayt.

Number 2, thats all well and fine, but the addition you make in 3 makes the whole rule very stupid. What if a group of players, say 5 of them, or 10, really likes to PvP, but has absolutely no support whatsoever among other players. And decides to attack, say GoJ, which some of us knows that a very specific, high ranking CSR, has very close player ties too... Are they to be punished because they had no chance of taking it? GoJ is strong enough to seriously whip any 5 players in the game without much hardship, but does that mean that they cant be attacked by less then 100 people, or they will be punished?

Come on Boro, I resubbed to make you guys halfwhat miserable (thats a joke, so dont punish me and ban the account for it), at least give me some reasonable rules to try to bend.
tigrus is offline   Reply With Quote