Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 25th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #1
genebob1985

Hello, Im New!

Hey everyone, just stumbled across this game, played a bit this morning before work, and realized that i think im hooked! having fun so far, but I feel a bit alone in the world... im looking to maybe make some friends here or maybe join a guild... what would be the best way of going about that?

My game name is Xandyre and I will be playing from 9-12 am central time
genebob1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:12 AM   #2
petersk

Re: Hello, Im New!

Welcome to the giant rootball Xandyre! We hope you decide to "pitch a tent" and stay a while As far as being alone, that is seldom the case.. There is usually someone lurking in the Roots, or hanging around one of the city stables at all hours of the day/night. Silan can be a bit silent, but that is mainly from lack of experience of the new players (imo), most are not used to a community where people talk when they need to, not just spam stuff out there, and also most on Silan are busy doing the missions and learning the ropes. As far as guilds go, check the in game forums for a list of guilds, most of which should be active, and a list of guilds is here on these forums as well, but some may be inactive. Again, welcome to ryzom, have fun!
petersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 07:19 AM   #3
jwenting

And to add to what Zyra said: a lot of newcomers are
1) not used to the friendliness of the Ryzom community, and think that asking for help will only get them belittled and harassed. While there are some who may indeed do so, the majority of players are more than willing to help others, even those of opposing factions, when and where they can.
2) rushing through the Silan missions to get to the mainland as quickly as possible. As a result there are usually not many homins on Silan at any one time, but there is a near constant trickle of them making their way through the mission sequences.
jwenting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #4
acridiel

Hello, I´m Old!

Welcome to Atys.
It usually takes a while for newcomers accustomed to the hard pace of other games, to get used to our rather slow pace.

Where in other games you rush to the endgame, here you more then likely will stroll around the countryside more often.
A convenient lope alongside the other players, instead of a mad race against "the enemy", so to say.

Anyway, enjoy your stay

CU
Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote